Rear derallieur wobbling

jamlala
jamlala Posts: 284
edited July 2011 in Workshop
My rear derallieur I noticed was wobbling yesterday, so I stopped and tightened it but it made no difference. I put the problem down to a worn rubber bush (!) where the mech connects to the bike frame (see pic, the black part around the alan key but thing1). Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up on ebay/online so that I don't have to order one from my LBS and then feel obliged for them to fit it?! I'm happy for them to do most things, but there is also stuff I can do myself!!
DSC00720.jpg
Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
__@    
_`\<,_   
---- (*)/ (*)

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    If the allen bolt is tight and the mech wobbles then the pivot is worn, this will need a complete new / used mech.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=26502

However if it is not causing any shifting problems you could just ignore it :D
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    I reckon I could fix it too, can't be that hard can it?!
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Strip it down and give it a go, and post some photos :D
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    This happened to my wife's bike, but she had quite an old 105 rear mech (probably about 6000 miles on it).

I looked at the exploded diagram in the Shimano tech docs and I seem to remember that the fixing bolt fits into a cup that's part of the mech, so if that's worn then you have to replace to whole mech.

It was still working, but made a horrible noise and wobbled a bit too close to the wheel spokes.

New ones aren't that expensive (about £25 for Sora?).