Off-road routes in Angus?

toontra
toontra Posts: 1,160
edited July 2011 in Routes
I'm taking the MTB up to Montrose in September and am looking for off-road routes in Angus, hopefully some in the glens. I can't find anything online - just a few abandoned websites.

Anyone in the area have some online routes they'd like to share?

a serious case of small cogs

Comments

• andrewyzfr6
    andrewyzfr6 Posts: 194
    Although not in angus, not far away in perthshire there is trails at the hermitage about 15 miles noth of perth on the a9, if thats any help
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr
  • toontra
    Cheers Andrew! Without a car that's going to be a bit far for a day ride but thanks anyway.

• You can go to Glen Clova which is a few miles west of Kirriemuir. From the car park there you can cycle right through to Loch Muick. Fantastic scenery and you will certainly see some glens.
  • toontra
    You can go to Glen Clova which is a few miles west of Kirriemuir. From the car park there you can cycle right through to Loch Muick. Fantastic scenery and you will certainly see some glens.

That sounds perfect! What I'm really after are some online routes (Bikely, etc) from locals so I'd know what direction to go. I suspect the glens are a maze of tracks, many not even on OS maps. I'd feel pretty nervous just setting out without a pretty good idea of where I'm going, especially if the weather turns nasty.

Maybe no-one has made any routes up?

• Have a look at these 2 links. I do have a map of the circuit and i'll try and post it as well.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t ... glen-clova

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t ... uick-route
  • toontra
    That would be great CI. Thanks very much!

• toontra wrote:
    That would be great CI. Thanks very much!

Send me your email and i'll send it to you. I have it scanned on the computer but not sure how to get it on here.