Whats happened to LiT?

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Rich158 wrote:
    howdy peeps, just thought I'd poke my nose in :lol:

She may have the same problem I had at my last office, all forums was banned, a policy policed to the extreme by the net nazis :twisted:

having fun in your coffin you old timer :D - not turning up on saturday are you by any chance?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    hellllllloooooo MM, is it another summer social? Saturday's out I'm afraid, I'm been out late every night this week and will be marshalling a Surrey League race on Sunday so I'll be washing my hair unfortunately (well doing some laundry anyway). Poor excuse I know but I'm down to my last few pairs of socks as it is and my colleagues may well complain
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,346
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    I was thinking this yesterday. Also, where's biondino gone?

Blondie became a Dad, I think.

Lit, I have no idea.

There are many more OG's that have gone missing. Coriander, Linsen, JenJ, Rich, Littigator, Attica, Always Tyred (banned), Snooks, Totalnewbie and Pinkpedal. They were pleasent and made this place what it is IMO.

But people move on.

Most of the above are around on an occasional basis - just not sat in front of a 'puter as much as us.

Linsen comes back now and then, didn't she have some horrific back problem that she posted abouta few months back? Coriander just disappeared... She lived near me, I used to see her out and about sometimes, not for at least 6 months though...

Jen J was injured in a crash a good while back. Took a while to recover then seemed to lose her confidence on the bike. She popped in for a bit to try to get back into it but hasn't been heard from since.

Pity, she was a top poster.

i didn;t know her IRL but she always came across as a really nice person. I think she was friendly with Linsen in the real world.

Littigator was just before my time.....he went to Africa

Attica still posts occasionally
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Now if you want a proper blast from the past, where's Victor Ludorum?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    The landscape has changed quite a lot since I started posting here - Il Principe/Jash, Biondino and others have all found lives outside BR it seems...

It's summer (allegedly). We're all outside riding our bikes...
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    The landscape has changed quite a lot since I started posting here - Il Principe/Jash, Biondino and others have all found lives outside BR it seems...

It's summer (allegedly). We're all outside riding our bikes...

Oh there you are....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699

Married
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    What's happened to Jeremy Rundle? I enjoyed reading his well-balanced views!
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    kelsen wrote:
    What's happened to Jeremy Rundle? I enjoyed reading his well-balanced views!

Seems to be hanging around in Commuting General
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Whatever happened to Baby Jane?
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Those who speculate that I moved away from London are right, and those who speculate that I don't spend as much time sitting in front of a PC are also right!

Thanks for asking though :)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Good to know you're still alive.

Pity you don't post much anymore.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    Now if you want a proper blast from the past, where's Victor Ludorum?

He was a true wordsmith. His last post said he was Germany. But that was shortly after SCR was born.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • PinkPedal
    PinkPedal Posts: 180
    I still lurk around... I can't log in from work anymore (damn firewall) but while away many a lunchtime reading!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 17,014
    You people should get smartphones.
  • PinkPedal
    PinkPedal Posts: 180
    OT but DDD - congratulations on impending fatherhood!

I have an iPhone but also work in what can only be described as a cupboard with no phone signal or 3G :(
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rolf F wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    She's gone over to LFGSS

Was it something we said?!!

Yes the same stuff over and over again ...

@G66 whatever happen to your stalker ..?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    She's gone over to LFGSS

@G66 whatever happen to your stalker ..?

Laid a trap, caught her, now keep her chained up in the basement.

You know, the usual stuff.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    So, LiT

If you ever see this:

Why did you move? Where did you move to? What are you doing (professionally, privately, personally)? Updates woman, we need updates!

AND

Thanks PinkPedal

Fatherhood; everyweek there is some new issue to deal with (or soon to be Mrs DDD invents so that I have something to deal with) it's madness. Dad's are truly the Unknown Warriors of Parenthood.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    And we never got to see that mixte :(
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    rjsterry wrote:
    And we never got to see that mixte :(

Aside from that tantalising glimpse in the C+ commuting supplement! But that could have been photoshopped!
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    She's gone over to LFGSS

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Still, this is an internet forum; endless repetition is what they are meant for. Anyway, about RLJ'ing........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Fatherhood; everyweek there is some new issue to deal with (or soon to be Mrs DDD invents so that I have something to deal with) it's madness. Dad's are truly the Unknown Warriors of Parenthood.

Oh come on now - MTFU. That's months away. Wait until the thing pops out and then panic!

PS - forgot to say before; congrats :D
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    dhope wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    She's gone over to LFGSS

They are far cooler than we are :-(

Now feel very old!

Pfft, do they have a 'What's the funniest car number plate you've seen?' thread?
    Exactly.

I don't really see the attraction of the LFGSS forum... I've tried to like it, really I have but it doesn't seem anywhere near as chatty. It seems to be mostly 2 word comments on threads dug up from 2008 and 2009 and a lot of stuff on sale...

There are some threads of true genius there though, and a lot of the regulars are helpful/funny, although it does attract some idiots too.

Sample genius thread (with input from HatBeard):

http://www.lfgss.com/thread27103.html
  • rolf_f
    Canny Jock wrote:

Yep - that is undeniable genius. If they weren't a bunch of softy southern wussies who can't work out how to set up a derailleur, I'd be over there like a shot!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Rolf F wrote:
    Canny Jock wrote:

Yep - that is undeniable genius. If they weren't a bunch of softy southern wussies who can't work out how to set up a derailleur, I'd be over there like a shot!

Do they allow you on there if you don't ride SS, FG or live in London?
  • rolf_f
    I don't know. Of course, you could pretend you complied in at least one but they'd probably find you out when you asked about buying shallow rimmed wheels or going up hills that were more than a mile long!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    If you want to push their buttons, suggest that riding fixed brakeless with no foot retention is a good idea.
    If you really want to push their buttons, suggest that riding SS brakeless with no foot retention is a good idea.

We have RLJ threads, they have brakeless threads.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    We have RLJ threads, they have brakeless & brainless threads.

FTFY.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    It is a good place (and I do check memes every now and then) but it does seem a lot more acne and hormone driven than this friendly space. Plus I HATE TXT speak which does seem indicative.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Talking of those tight jean media types over there I passed one of their birds this evening over Waterloo bridge, she was riding some FGSS polo bike with a cardboard disc front wheel and a homemade polo mallet :shock:

LAME!

PS. I was on a BB :lol:

PPS. I was wearing full lycra :oops:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.