Rockrider 8.1.2011 - New bike

JimOw
JimOw Posts: 10
edited July 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Picked this up on Saturday (had to get it from the Reading store, about an hour away, but totally worth it!). It's incredibly light, I've done about 10 miles so far and it's great, not too keen on the tyes so I'll swap them over eventually, but they do the job.

Changed the pedals & seat so far. Bit of a mission taking off the pedals, but did it eventually. The seat went as the one in the picture was like sitting on a bench, not much good.

Decathlon were very helpfull, the site said they were out of stock so I called them, the first women who answered didn't know if they could order one in, so passed me onto someone else. It was ordered on Wednesday and was ready for collection on the Satuday, so pretty impressed with that.

IMAG0014.jpg

It's looking a lot muddier now, will get some more pictures later!

Comments

• steve_muzzy
    steve_muzzy Posts: 259
    nice, a lot of bike for the cash...
    I keep riding thie jump bike when I pop into my local store, only £300 and looks great but I keep questioning if I would trust it....
  • JimOw
    JimOw Posts: 10
    I was a bit worried if the frame would be a bit weak, like you, but I had a look before I bought it and was surprised how well built the frame was but I suppose it's hard to tell how it'll hold out until it's been ridden a lot.

All I can say is that so far it's been hammered down some steep steps and jumps, and it's still straight ;)