Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

"EU to make Bacon tastier" - shock exclusive

Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,946
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Posts

  • KaiseKaise Posts: 2,498
    this is something i have been dreaming about, now if they can also get them to have a restriction on the thickness of the rind then i will be a happy man!
  • getonyourbikegetonyourbike Posts: 2,804
    Greta news, the EU is actually doing something useful for once. censored Greece, Bacon's more important
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    Well I don't think this is good! One of the best things about bacons is the water froths into the pan and makes a lovely smokey fatty emulsion which you can then dip a lovely slice of fresh cut bread in and eat whilst the bacon is cooking, just fat doesn't go far enough and leaves to bread too dry!

    The EU, as ever can take their meat and put it where the sun don't shine (Scandinavia)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87bails87 Posts: 13,317
    Gazlar wrote:
    Well I don't think this is good! One of the best things about bacons is the water froths into the pan and makes a lovely smokey fatty emulsion which you can then dip a lovely slice of fresh cut bread in and eat whilst the bacon is cooking, just fat doesn't go far enough and leaves to bread too dry!

    The EU, as ever can take their meat and put it where the sun don't shine (Scandinavia)

    You're free to add your own water afte you've bought the bacon.....wierdo!

    I love how the bacon industry were moaning about it, pretty much "wah, wah, but water is free so we'll make less money if we can't increase the weight with water".

    Speaking of which, I had a very tasty bacon (with added water) sandwich this morning, as a reward for cycling in two days on the trot :D
    MTB/CX

    "As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • phzphz Posts: 478
    Forget the EU and water. Just follow the link in that article for proper bacons goodness.

    http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/jo- ... 09366.html

    mmmnnn... bacon jam.

    slainte :D rob
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Well I don't think this is good! One of the best things about bacons is the water froths into the pan and makes a lovely smokey fatty emulsion which you can then dip a lovely slice of fresh cut bread in and eat whilst the bacon is cooking, just fat doesn't go far enough and leaves to bread too dry!

    The EU, as ever can take their meat and put it where the sun don't shine (Scandinavia)

    You're free to add your own water afte you've bought the bacon.....wierdo!

    I love how the bacon industry were moaning about it, pretty much "wah, wah, but water is free so we'll make less money if we can't increase the weight with water".

    Speaking of which, I had a very tasty bacon (with added water) sandwich this morning, as a reward for cycling in two days on the trot :D

    No no no no no, this is the kind of thinking thati expect from a man sitting in a mansion eating quails eggs poached in swans blood

    firstly the water wouldn't have the same smokey taste.

    Secondly if you take the water out of bacon the price goes up. If you put the price of bacon up, because of the structuring of breakfast prices, greasy spoon cafes will then put the price of all breakfast items in line with the increase in bacon. A knock on from this is that poor people will not be able to afford their full English anymore and angered by this force a general election. This will result in the BNP and EDL who saw the opportunity to become political forming a coalition as people were angered by the government standing up to the eu bacon rule which made breakfast prohibitively expensive. The new PM will be named as Jim Davidson with Jo O'meara from S Club 7 as chancellor. The first law will be that all tv will be replaced by a loop of "Big Break" and S Clubs greatest hits and all houses will be painted White and red.

    See you need to think of these implications
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87bails87 Posts: 13,317
    Gazlar wrote:

    No no no no no, this is the kind of thinking thati expect from a man sitting in a mansion eating quails eggs poached in swans blood
    Ahem, if I'm rich then what does that make you, Mr Millionaire! I would have never thought there would be such a big market for those videos you're in....takes all sorts. Speaking of which, when are you going back to Amsterdam..... :wink:
    firstly the water wouldn't have the same smokey taste.

    Secondly if you take the water out of bacon the price goes up. If you put the price of bacon up, because of the structuring of breakfast prices, greasy spoon cafes will then put the price of all breakfast items in line with the increase in bacon. A knock on from this is that poor people will not be able to afford their full English anymore and angered by this force a general election. This will result in the BNP and EDL who saw the opportunity to become political forming a coalition as people were angered by the government standing up to the eu bacon rule which made breakfast prohibitively expensive. The new PM will be named as Jim Davidson with Jo O'meara from S Club 7 as chancellor. The first law will be that all tv will be replaced by a loop of "Big Break" and S Clubs greatest hits and all houses will be painted White and red.

    See you need to think of these implications

    I think that will be enough for me to set up a band of rebels (and who in a band wouldn't want to rebel against S Club!?) and then we can take over Downing Street and burn Davidson at the stake.

    Harsh, but fair.

    Sorry, not harsh, the other one......funny. For the first time in his life.

    Not that it would happen, you need opposable thumbs to hold the pencil in the voting booth, which rules out a lot of EDL/BNP fans :wink:
    MTB/CX

    "As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • NorthwindNorthwind Posts: 15,475
    The Institute of Baconomics approves of this.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    A week today back to the Dam.

    You also forget that the one shape the edl can form is a cross, even if it's thumbed in blood
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Cleat EastwoodCleat Eastwood Posts: 7,510
    they probably took advice from

    THE greatest european bacon connoisseur.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bails87bails87 Posts: 13,317
    http://baconbaconbacon.tumblr.com/

    Gazlar
    And how long after you return until you can sit on a bike without it being swallowed whole?.......Those freaky, freaky Dutch!
    MTB/CX

    "As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    bails87 wrote:
    http://baconbaconbacon.tumblr.com/

    Gazlar
    And how long after you return until you can sit on a bike without it being swallowed whole?.......Those freaky, freaky Dutch!

    I have 10 days with the freaky welsh weaning myself back on to bikes, hopefully it'll be healed up by then. I'll be back in good old England on the 29th
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Fully-sprungFully-sprung Posts: 670
    Gazlar wrote:
    Well I don't think this is good! One of the best things about bacons is the water froths into the pan and makes a lovely smokey fatty emulsion which you can then dip a lovely slice of fresh cut bread in and eat whilst the bacon is cooking, just fat doesn't go far enough and leaves to bread too dry!

    The EU, as ever can take their meat and put it where the sun don't shine (Scandinavia)
    Well then, you'll just have to be one of the very few dummasses that lowers yourself to buying the "bacon with added water" to have your boiled bread while the rest of us can enjoy good quality meat.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    while the rest of us can enjoy good quality meat.

    like your mum does?

    Now run along back to your honey nut loops and chambourcy hippopotamousse, zingzillas is on in a bit
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Fully-sprungFully-sprung Posts: 670
    Gazlar wrote:
    zingzillas is on in a bit
    Oh yippee, can I watch it over at your house like we did last week?
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • Ryan JonesRyan Jones Posts: 775
    If only the EU had a directive that my kind of meat (ie beaver) must have less water/fat content or be labelled as "bulked out" :D
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    Gazlar wrote:
    zingzillas is on in a bit
    Oh yippee, can I watch it over at your house like we did last week?

    I've tole you, its not my turn to look after you this week, its one of your other dad's turns
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Fully-sprungFully-sprung Posts: 670
    Gazlar wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    zingzillas is on in a bit
    Oh yippee, can I watch it over at your house like we did last week?

    I've tole you, its not my turn to look after you this week, its one of your other dad's turns
    But you're my mum.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    Which would explain why everyone wants a go on me
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Fully-sprungFully-sprung Posts: 670
    Gazlar wrote:
    Which would explain why everyone wants a go on me
    Shut up.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    Gazlar wrote:
    Which would explain why everyone wants a go on me
    Shut up.

    Thanks for the offer, but no, Gazlar decides when Gazlar shuts up.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
Sign In or Register to comment.