Richmond Park CC - open ride - 30 / 31 July - CCC

thebongolian
thebongolian Posts: 333
Right, who's up for a ride this weekend?

Tyskie and I have tentatively pencilled in a CCC (Capital-Coast-Capital) ride for Saturday and I may be up for a shorter spin on Sunday too (possibly...).

Plan for Saturday would be...

:arrow: Meet 8 am at Richmond Gate by the white building on the left if you're leaving the park
:arrow: 120 mile / 200km ride to Worthing and back
:arrow: 16-18 mph average - 20+ mph on the flat
:arrow: We'll wait at the top of hills to regroup
:arrow: A café stop in Worthing (no overdoing the paninis this time) and at the top of Box Hill

Comments

• london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Hey, CCC is probably out of the question for me but might be able to pop out for either the first part of it or on the Sunday for the recovery ride...

Anyone around tomorrow pm for a couple of laps?

Dave
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I'll be around this weekend and up for the CCC ride if that's what's happening. Will limit myself to just a piece of the Guinness chocolate cake this time though.
  • thebongolian
    Looks to be four or five us on for this on Saturday. Start timehas been bushed back to 8:30 am - others still welcome to join us.
  • SirUlrich
    SirUlrich Posts: 29
    Not sure my legs are up for a rapid 120 miles, otherwise i'd throw my hat in as well...
  • thebongolian
    The place tends to be a notch lower for these and no compulsion to do the whole thing - join us for the ride to Shere if you like
  • tyskie
    See you at 8.30am tomorrow. Looking forward to a trip to the seaside. :D
  • tyskie
    SirUlrich wrote:
    Not sure my legs are up for a rapid 120 miles, otherwise i'd throw my hat in as well...

Chuck your hat in! I need some company on the hills :oops:
  • SirUlrich
    SirUlrich Posts: 29
    tyskie wrote:
    SirUlrich wrote:

Chuck your hat in! I need some company on the hills :oops:

lol....don't think I can anyway. Just agreed to go for an early sunday ride down at home so am out of london this weekend :( Have fun though - the seaside will be worth the hills :lol:
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    I'm now on swimming pool duty tomorrow guys, so won't be making it out.

Enjoy. I was at the seaside today. The water's nice and warm.
  • tyskie
    Superb route, great company and stunning weather. My cycling tan has come on great today. Average moving speed of 17mph over 123 miles! Cheers lads, especially Will for leading the way.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/102813026
  • Yeah, great ride really enjoyed it apart from when I tried to follow Mark up the hill. Could be interested in oding another CCC in September i there are othe takers. Maybe vary the route and go somewhere else on the coast?

And thinking about RP laps one evening this week if others fancy it