Dating and Cycling, a sad tale

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Well, yesterday I had a date, meeting the girl outside the Kelvingrove Galley, and what a lovely afternoon it was. As she had indicated she would cycle there, I did likewise, though tried to go slowly, after all didn't want to be a sweaty mess.

Met the lovely lady and we went for a small cycle round the Kelvingrove park, stopped off for a tea and cake. Everything going swimmingly until..... We headed down a short sharping hill, and her old Herculese folder started wobbling.... a lot. I thought she got it under control, then it all went wrong, she ditched off to side, and hit the tarmac, bag, shoes, all spillied about.

I rushed to her aid as did a passerby. As well as a few scratches, she had an extremely sore shouldber, as it got more painful as she sat there. We fashioned a sling from a mac and an ambulance was called.

As Hospital was nearby, I pushed the bikes up and locked them outside. She eventually got x-ray and turns out her Humerus is broken.

Fortunately her spirit is not broken and I may even get a second date, though hopefully without involving a hospital and a serious injury.
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bad times, but at least you got something to talk about on your second date.....

and great excuse to play doctors an nurses!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Broke her humerous? That is just not funny.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    HaHaHaHaHaHaHa

LaughingSmiley.gif
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DonDaddyD
    Laughing at the joke, and not the injury I assume. :wink:

At least the (potential) relationship got off to a cracking start....

ahthankyou.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    first base?
  • Wallace1492
    Yes, knew I could rely on you guys for some wisecracks.

Sounds impressive to get her into bed within a few hours of meeting, just a pity it was a hospital bed.... :wink:
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I see you have your first anecdote for the Groom's speech already prepared.
  • I see you have your first anecdote for the Groom's speech already prepared.

+1. It's only a matter of time before you're telling the story to your grandchildren :wink:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    My sabotage of her bike so I can keep you to myself worked then bwahahahaha

At least you may get a second date. If it were me there would be no chance, I'd be too embarrassed to ever see you again
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    suzyb wrote:

At least you may get a second date. If it were me there would be no chance, I'd be too embarrassed to ever see you again

Suzy and Wallace sitting in a tree....

Bom chikka wah wah!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Thats such bad luck fella!

Maybe you should fix/upgrade her bikefor her while she is in hospital. I know how to woo a laydee.....

Hope she recovers quickly.
  • Wallace1492
    suzyb wrote:

Remeber Suzy, I have been cycling with you and you have taken a tumble too.... but not broken anything! Maybe its me...... :shock:
  • Ah, the old shove a stick through their front forks trick. Quick concussion means they don't remember you doing it and it gives you the chance to play the hero. Smooth moves, Mr. 1492.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So...

you get her flat on her back, helpless and strapped up after a bit of rough and tumble; within hours of starting the first date.

Did she pay for the food as well?

Do you give tips?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Did you check whether she frequents BikeRadar? All that time on her hands in hospital...
  • Wallace1492
    Joelsim wrote:
    Did you check whether she frequents BikeRadar? All that time on her hands in hospital...

Doubt she does, but don't mind if she see's it.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    She certainly 'fell' for you then!

Wish her well and good luck for the future to both of you :wink:
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    The lengths some girls will go to just to get a cuddle................ :twisted:

You've showed your compassionate side so you should be well in there now! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Lucky she wasn't in Yorkshire.

We'd have slipped her one whilst waiting for the ambulance to pass the time
    Peter
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol::lol::lol: @ all the comments

Impressive start 1492 :wink:
  • Certainly I've had first dates who went home with grazed knees and palms, but never broken bones. I'd be interested to hear how that ends up.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Ah, the old shove a stick through their front forks trick

I've never heard it called that before...
    And they say romance is dead :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Is that what they call 'rough wooing' in Scotland - your getting a date in the first place is a triumph for the rest of us nerds
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    So she went down on the first date?

-Spider-
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzyb wrote:

Remeber Suzy, I have been cycling with you and you have taken a tumble too.... but not broken anything! Maybe its me...... :shock:
    that's true I did. now is it because you're mere presence makes women swoon or we throw ourselves to the ground as a reason to make a quick getaway :wink:
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    She has tried to cycle beyond her abilities in order to impress you-this one sounds like a keeper! And you've got a shared experience to base the next date on.

But I'd seriously suggest that the next date does not involve cycling!
  • Galfinnan
    Galfinnan Posts: 49
    Take her to Cafe Zique for breakfast to cheer her up, you can cut her french toast up into bits for her and feed it to her while gazing into her eyes. Really nice in there, if you haven't been I'd definetly recommend it. You could then stroll up to West End cycles to have a look for a new bike for her. GL :)
    False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Darwin
  • Galfinnan
    Galfinnan Posts: 49
    Bibi's Cantina too is also nice for a nice quiet meal.
    False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Darwin
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Remember Suzy, I have been cycling with you and you have taken a tumble too.... but not broken anything! :wink:

So the tumble with suzy wasn't the first more smutty version that popped into my head but the ow i've fallen version..
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    Well at least its something to tell your and hers grandkids
    www.goinggoingbike.com