Saucy Spectators

natrix
natrix Posts: 1,111
edited July 2011 in Pro race
As well as the devil and the usual idiots running in their underpants I was pleased to see some rathy saucy young ladies spectating at this years TdF. On stage 17 I think, one in a white dress and one in a black dress, waving the flag of flanders. They were also shown in ITV4s summary of the race at the end of the last stage.

I do hope that they start a new fashion amongst tour spectators 8)

PS If anybody has a photo of them...............
~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~

Comments

• B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    i think the one in the white was Liz Hatch
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Pffft. Lightweights

About 20 years ago, one of the TVM riders was Jan Siemons (sp?) whos folks owned a brothel in Holland. One year in the Alps, they had brought down their old London double-decker bus (which looked like it had been decorated by some lonely, trans-european trucker) and several of their girls to offer "support" to young Jan on the climbs. I have a vague recollection of a protracted helicopter-shot of some young ladies in bikinis on the roof of the bus (but that may just be wishful thinking).
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    LangerDan wrote:
    Pffft. Lightweights

About 20 years ago, one of the TVM riders was Jan Siemons (sp?) whos folks owned a brothel in Holland. One year in the Alps, they had brought down their old London double-decker bus (which looked like it had been decorated by some lonely, trans-european trucker) and several of their girls to offer "support" to young Jan on the climbs. I have a vague recollection of a protracted helicopter-shot of some young ladies in bikinis on the roof of the bus (but that may just be wishful thinking).

I have heard about this story elsewhere on Dutch TV.
  • natrix
    Do you mean Gert-Jan Theunisse??
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    There were two things caught on camera that made me laugh this year.

One was the naked backside (I think it was in the time-trial) that was on screen for about a second. The other was, I think, in the second week. Whatever the stage, with about 20km to go the helicopter was providing a shot panning down the road from the break to the peloton. In this case there was a van parked on the side of the road with large cardboard cutouts of scantily clad women. As he panned down the road, more were pinned to trees/lamp posts down the road. God knows what it was advertising.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    I enjoyed Clentador punching that tool dressed as a surgeon
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    natrix wrote:
    I was pleased to see some rathy saucy young ladies spectating at this years TdF. On stage 17 I think, one in a white dress and one in a black dress

Hour's of careful research culminated in this............enjoy!

bp9.jpg
  • Bronzie
    I enjoyed Clentador punching that tool dressed as a surgeon

Doof..........seconds out

bp27.jpg
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    I was out on Sunday morning and at one point was going up a hill that was around 1km at 12-17%, nearing the top i was in the 'hurt room' and i cannot imagine what it must be like to have some f00kin tool running alongside you.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Bronzie wrote:
    natrix wrote:
    I was pleased to see some rathy saucy young ladies spectating at this years TdF. On stage 17 I think, one in a white dress and one in a black dress

bp9.jpg

Now that's SAUCY.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    dennisn wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:
    natrix wrote:

bp9.jpg

Now that's SAUCY.

It's the dude standing behind them and rubbing his groin that worries me.... :shock:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • It's the dude standing behind them and rubbing his groin that worries me.... :shock:

that made me laugh. He's loving them :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Not sure where this is from but somewhat related

184008_10150390678509741_580714740_10456792_5471559_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    a little bit of research (or is that stalking) does indeed show that the original thread ladies were Liz Hatch and Gustav Veronica. doing photo shoot for cyclepassion. There is a clip on youtube linky via cycle passion on twitter.

win mobile 6 will not let me post the link sorry...
  • frenchfighter
    The podium chicks were smashing:

NEV1721.jpg
    NEV1725.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    Wow, Cav is sooo impressed by these ladies.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/post-t ... tos/184771[/quote]

well...... he does get to smash peta todd's back doors in
  • Bronzie
    184008_10150390678509741_580714740_10456792_5471559_n.jpg

Before the race the Schlecks get a photo with the podium girls

Presumably because there's not much chance of getting within sniffing distance after the race :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Well these two wouldn't be so happy : )

tumblr_loupxvteyW1qa3ggpo1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • natrix
    a little bit of research (or is that stalking) does indeed show that the original thread ladies were Liz Hatch and Gustav Veronica. doing photo shoot for cyclepassion. There is a clip on youtube linky via cycle passion on twitter.

win mobile 6 will not let me post the link sorry...

many, many thanks for that. I don't thinkits safe to look on my work pc so I'll wait until I can get home :-)
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    As seen a few years ago on the Passo Pordoi at the Giro...

3245269490_524e5590e3.jpg

:D
  • mroli wrote:

Thank you .
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    mroli wrote:
    Pity the Cyclepassion people got their girls to wave the flags of the dodgy, far right wing Vlaams Belang party, which is often out in force at bike races. They could easily have used the official Flandrian flag instead. That is, the more stylised one with the red claws.

http://flagspot.net/flags/be-vlg.html
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    mroli wrote:
    Pity the Cyclepassion people got their girls to wave the flags of the dodgy, far right wing Vlaams Belang party, which is often out in force at bike races. They could easily have used the official Flandrian flag instead. That is, the more stylised one with the red claws.

Yes, thats exactly what I thought when I saw the clip :roll:
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    smithy21 wrote:
    mroli wrote:

Yes, thats exactly what I thought when I saw the clip
    Well done. Most people are unaware of the real implications of the all-black lion flags waved at bike races and when people start waving such flags just because they have seen them at races it constitutes a pretty neat propaganda coup by the VB.

(Yes, I did notice the 'rolling eyes'. :roll: )