Lucky bugger

sheepsteeth
sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
my mate is standing behind jezza on top gear (or atleast he must have been at some point this week)

all he had to do was get thrown out of a helicopter in afghan and break his back!!

Comments

• How is he standing if he broke his back?!
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    I take it he's one of the guys in the grey H4H t-shirts.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • sheepsteeth
    How is he standing if he broke his back?!

it took him a good few mnths but he is able now.
    I take it he's one of the guys in the grey H4H t-shirts.

he had the grey top on and was behind his right shoulder when the camera was facing him.
  • fair play to him then!

Was it similar to the scene in Black Hawk Down when the guy missed the rope?
  • sheepsteeth
    fair play to him then!

Was it similar to the scene in Black Hawk Down when the guy missed the rope?

thats exactly how we rip the piss out of him!!

turns out as he was getting on board, the helicopter came under fire and the loadie had to push him out as they had to take off and he would fall a lot further if he wasnt pushed out at that time. i think he fell about 10 feet.

the dog handler (who was climbing aboard at the same time managed to hold on for a bit and the loadie tried to rcover her but she fell a lot further and was a lot more seriously injured.
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    I've noticed a lot more injured troops on the current series, also Jezza has been wearing a H4H's wristband.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • sheepsteeth
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    I've noticed a lot more injured troops on the current series, also Jezza has been wearing a H4H's wristband.

yeah, i noticed that too, i think jezza is a patron of the charity or summat so probs makes a few tickets available.

tonights was a good episode!
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Muttly1981 wrote:

yeah, i noticed that too, i think jezza is a patron of the charity or summat so probs makes a few tickets available.

tonights was a good episode!

A lot of people seem to have the opinion that he's a tosser but from reading his books he seems to be a very patriotic bloke as shown with the Jaguar tribute the other week.

The whole series has been quality so far.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i think jezza is a patron of the charity or summat
    Good for him!

Yeah, this series is incredibly funny so far!
    I loved the bit where they tried the explosives, big dramatic build up.... then nothing :lol:
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Next weeks episode should feature a piece on the Project Mobility guys and thier rally aspirations (filmed at the British Cross Country Championship, round 2)

That aside, it's a f***ing hateful programme! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    To be honest i Enjoyed the episode a few weeks back when they had cars on it,

But the trains and the demolition, was really boring :( i want to hear about fast cars!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i want to hear about fast cars!
    So, the Lotus open wheel racer was not fast enough for you?