Cadel Evans - What a bloody nice bloke!

barney96
barney96 Posts: 157
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Cadel Evans, just watched the post race video.

Lovely chap.....brilliant effort.

Lets have the green today CAV....

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Strange how opinions change over a couple of years.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Well he changed after winning the rainbow stripes.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    I think the fact he was being compared to Frandy this year has moved him up in many people's minds, giving how odious they are.
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    barney96 wrote:
    Cadel Evans, just watched the post race video.

Lovely chap.....brilliant effort.

Lets have the green today CAV....

+1
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    cadel's still crazy, nothing has changed there
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    I loved him drenching cav with water after the one of the early stages this year. Just to let us know he was still the same old cadel :lol:
  • barney96
    barney96 Posts: 157
    Slightly off topic, whats the crack with Cadel changing his new yellow bike after just 6k's? Cant possibly be a mechanical?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    barney96 wrote:
    Slightly off topic, whats the crack with Cadel changing his new yellow bike after just 6k's? Cant possibly be a mechanical?

Superstition
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • jimmcdonnell
    jimmcdonnell Posts: 328
    iainf72 wrote:
    barney96 wrote:

Superstition

Or "suspicion" as Phil & Paul kept calling it this year. They were on fire with the mangled commentary - every stage had them digging deeper in their suitcase of metaphor... (credit for that one to N. Boulting Esq.)
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • jimmcdonnell
    jimmcdonnell Posts: 328
    And I agree Cadel has been getting good PR training, comes across as much less bonkers even though we all know and suspect he isn't... "Don't touch my fuckin' dog, man!" - was that 2009?

Still, a good win. Most enjoyable Tour for ages.
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    acidstrato wrote:
    cadel's still crazy, nothing has changed there

I think that's a good thing though - I'd rather have a a Van Gough than a Vettriano, any day.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    He's an odd chap right enough, but I was very happy to see him win- very well deserved.
    And for all his quirks I reckon he's probably a thoroughly decent bloke.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Is it me, or does he sound the spitting er recording(?) of Lee Evans?
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Agree- his voice TOTALLY does not match his physical appearance! I was really surprised the first time I heard him speak!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    He is completely barking and he only does two moods - orgasmically happy and suicidally depressed. He had a voice that sounds like he's whinging even when he isn't (but that's not often anyway) and he's got the emotional stability of a teenager prone to over-use of eye-liner and listening to My Chemical Romance albums.

Thoroughly deserved winner of the Tour and possibly the hardest cyclist we've seen for many years though!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Amen to the above. All true!
  • barney96 wrote:

The yellow bike was an Impec and he usually rides a SLR01 Team Machine so that may have been the reason. Which raises the question (to BMC nerds anyway) why he prefers the SLR01 when the Impec is meant to be near perfect?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    On the ITV coverage they said that he changed back to the same bike that he'd ridden the rest of the race on as a good luck omen.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    MrChuck wrote:
    He's an odd chap right enough
    Apparently when he was a kid he was kicked in the head by a horse and was in a coma for a week, after which surgeons removed bits of bone from his brain leaving scarring, perhaps that may or may not explain his odd behaviour at times,but ive never seen a bloke work so hard apart from maybe Voeckler,with virtually no help from anyone to keep his dream of winning a tour alive and for that he thoroughly deserves to be the winner.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    As well as winning the GC, Evans was fourth in the points competition, and fourth in the KOM - surely a reflection of just how hard he worked on this Tour and how much he deserved the victory.

Just don't touch his pooch man, that's all......
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"