Poole Wheelers rides, anyone know about them?

joeyhalloran
joeyhalloran Posts: 1,077
hey guys,

I am moving to Poole in 3 weeks, I have tried emailing Poole Wheelers a while ago but no response, can anyone fill me in on the weekly rides that people do?

Also (early I know) but do any of the Poole/Bournemouth clubs do a 'turbo class' over winter. In my shared/rented accommodation I prob won't be able to get out on the turbo but I don't really want to stop winter training.

Comments

• Hi Joey

Welcome to the sunshine coast !

Not sure what type of cycling you are into , but these are the local road rides i know of that run through the winter :

Tuesdays - sandbanks 6.30 for fast hill circuits around canford cliffs
    Wednesday - Poole Park 7pm (i think) for Poole Wheelers ride , same area , fast and slow group.
    Thursday- Bear Cross Roundabout for fast ride in dorset lanes ( good lights and legs for this one).
    Saturday - Christchurch waitrose 8.am for 35 mile Forest loop(all year round), fast and slow group
    Sunday - Kinson library 9am for 60 - 70 mile BJW club run (nov-mar)

All these rides are open to non members of a cycling club but the Poole wheelers ride is a members only after a couple of guest rides.

If you need any more info , send me a pm with your number and i'll fill you in.

cheers
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,077
    Hey TTTE, did you get my PM?

Cheers.