My Giant Defy 2 2010 with some changes

ohara227
ohara227 Posts: 225
edited July 2011 in Your road bikes
Pics:

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

2010 spec (which has the carbon fork and seatpost) with the following additions:

Bars: Ritchey Biomax Pro
Stem: Ritchey Pro
Bar Tape: Ritchey Pro
Seat: Ritchey Biomax Pro
Pedals: Shimano A520
Tube: Continental Race 28
Tire: Continental Ultra Sport
Wheels: Ritchey Pro

Accessories:
Computer: Cateye V3
Lights: Cateye EL-120 / TL-170
Cages: Elite
Bottles: Camelbak Blue/Clear Podium
Pump: Lezyne HP Drive
Seatpost Bag: Lezyne (Large Caddy)

Its my first road bike and love the feeling of going fast on it, the compact frame is comfortable and only made the changes as I wanted to try making it my own a bit. The standard parts where fine, but just wanted to be a bit different – perhaps went a bit too blue with the handlebar tape I admit! Only thing I will change eventually (other than to black bar tape!) will be the brakes to Tiagra to match the rest.
'The hills are alive with the sounds of panting'

Rides:

MTB - Giant 2008 Trance X2
Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
Hybrid - Giant Escape 2011 City 2

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Very nice, love the colour scheme 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    You don't need to tell us: We can see that this is your first ever road bike. Do yourself a favour and read something on the internet on how to set your bike up properly so that you do not end up as a chiropractors nightmare in a couple of years time.
  • ohara227
    Thanks Andy. I am open to constructive critisisim Berk Bonebonce , what makes you say that please?

Rides:

Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
  • the_prophet
    the_prophet Posts: 426
    You don't need to tell us: We can see that this is your first ever road bike. Do yourself a favour and read something on the internet on how to set your bike up properly so that you do not end up as a chiropractors nightmare in a couple of years time.

could of written that somewhat better chap :roll:

hardly the best pictures to point out every detail your not happy with about his set up is it? maybe give him a few pointers instead of just coming across like an internet god of bike set up.

nice bike anyway, i've got the same just a lot less blue :lol:
  • ohara227
    Cheers Prophet, I have noticed there is a lot of the 'fab in their own heads' about in road cycling. Unless its just friendly advice, ie get it fitted before I use it then fine I appreciate the heads up.

I got it tail end of last year and done > 500miles on it, only changed the bars etc last few weeks. Dont mind admitting I could be doing with raising the hoods a little, but ill do that and put black tape on it ASAP.

Rides:

Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Nice bike, much nicer colour than the 09 model I have.

As for set up, if you're comfortable on it who cares. Although for me it looks like the saddle maybe pointing down a little

I've got a similar pump and water bottle to you too although they're on my Cube.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I love this bike, I'd keep the blue bar tape if it were mine I really like the look of it :D
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I like Giants and that's a very nice example. I quite like the bar tape actually :lol:

Everyone gets picked up on a downward pointing saddle. Have you specifically set it up this way?
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • ohara227
    Tilted it slightly forward for climing, I find it works best. To be truthful I can never get it right, might splash out on a bit fit one day but no major discomfort so far!

Cheers guys

Rides:

Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2