On-One Pomino - any good?

bilsea159
bilsea159 Posts: 256
edited July 2011 in Road general
I've just ordered one so waiting for build and delivery, about 10 days from order. You need to be careful on size as the small frame has toe overlap issues. I am 5ft 9in so ordered a large. i like the way you can customize the build and the bike can be used for trail riding as well as road because of the tyre size 700 35c. You can fit mudguards and rack as well.

Comments

• pompy
    pompy Posts: 127
    I have had a Pompino for about 3 years now. I am 5'10" and have the MEDIUM. I built it up as a fast ss and it has been great. There have been posts in the past about its quality but I couldn't say a bad word against it. The models available now have slightly longer chainstays to allow bigger tyres to be fitted. My medium weighs 2190g frame only and built up weighs 8kg. The handling is nice and sharp and the ride is comfy (Charge Spoon saddle and carbon fork) photo here...

http://lejogononegear.blogspot.com/2011 ... heels.html

For the money, you won't find a better frame, the new Macinato looks good for roadies (caliper brakes at both ends unlike the Pomp's canti/V at the back)

At 5'9" I would go medium, they have a compact geometry and the sizing tables will probably point you in this direction
  • pompy
    pompy Posts: 127
    The fork was bought from Dotbike a couple of years ago. It is made by Alpina but has no markings or branding on it. It is just a standard carbon fork with a 1 1/8 inch alu steerer, cost about £80 and weighs about 550g I think.

Took me a while to get the chainline right, I'm usin a Miche Primato bottom bracket (107mm) as the cups can be adjusted side to side which helps get a good chainline.
  • mz__jo
    mz__jo Posts: 398
    If you want a carbon fork with cantis there are a number of cyclo-cross forks that should fit the bill.