Reba Teams wont remote lock out?

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey I got my teams about 3 months ago and they locked out great.

But since my bike came back from the bike shop the other day... Nothing to do with the forks, just a service. They have a lot of play.

I am not sure if they have just bedded in and I need to do something or thats just the way they are, but I cant see it.

I had fox f100 which were solid when locked, but my teams will move almost as much locked or not locked.

When I clicked the lock button on the bars, the thing moves to lock it on the forks, but seems not to do anything.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    when locked out they can be moved about 30mm. have you checked the cable tension and is it pulling the cable fully round?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Do they have an external floodgate dial?
    If they do its position may have been changed at some point.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • canada16
    30MM Really, thats a lot, also they were quite solid when I first put them on.

Considering my Fox ones were solid when locked.

I thought maybe a little play 10mm.

Yes there is a floodgate on the top, and not sure if this should be all the way to the plus or minus. also nick it seems to be pulling the lock all the way, maybe 2mm left to turn, but thats about it.

Thanks again
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The floodgate should be what is best for you. Do you know how it works? Seems like you don't - read the manual.
  • canada16
    edited July 2011
    Will have to.. lol

From reading around it seems the lock out, From what people say, is not actually a lock out as such, just adds a bit compression.

Bit funny that the fox ones lock out 100% but these dont and they were more expensive.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Why would it be funny?

Just two different companies having two ways of doing a similar thing
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • canada16
    Andy B wrote:
    Why would it be funny?

Just two different companies having two ways of doing a similar thing

I suppose but maybe they shouldnt call it LOCK out :D
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    The floodgate controlls how much force is needed to "deactivate" the lokout, so to speak.
    Have a play with it, lock out the forks, turn the floodgate a bit, then push down on the forks, repeat and you'll get a feel for how it works. The more you twist the floodgate in the + direction the more force is needed to make the fork compress.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • canada16
    Torres wrote:
    The floodgate controlls how much force is needed to "deactivate" the lokout, so to speak.
    Have a play with it, lock out the forks, turn the floodgate a bit, then push down on the forks, repeat and you'll get a feel for how it works. The more you twist the floodgate in the + direction the more force is needed to make the fork compress.

Ah thanks for that mate, Will have a play when I am riding on monday.

Nice one torres
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    From what people say, is not actually a lock out as such, just adds a bit compression.

Read the manual!!!