The time trial omens thread

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited July 2011 in Pro race
I'm supporting Cadel and I've just burnt my breakfast toast.

This does not bode well.

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Cadel is guaranteed victory due to the 'third time lucky' rule.

When interviewed by Matt Rendell after yesterday,playing down his chances, he said "I've been in this position twice before and it hasn't worked out well so far" (paraphrasing btw).

Also, there are always repeating patterns in numbers and there is potentially an interesting one today.
    Cadel to beat AS by 58 seconds in the TT, the same margin between Lemond and Fignon in '89. Cadel wins by 1 second.
    The beauty of Cadel winning by less than 3 seconds is that his first stage attack has then played a significant role in his victory.
    Can't quite remember, but weren't BMC 1 second ahead of Leopard in TTT?
  • Mac9
    Mac9 Posts: 134
    I'm supporting Andy but my brother has gone to work and won't be here to help me cheer him on.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Mac9 wrote:
    I'm supporting Andy but my brother has gone to work and won't be here to help me cheer him on.

Did you try looking over you shoulder?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    i dont know why anyoen would want shleck to win. but he wont anyway because he's wearing number 11, which is roman for 2, and there might be someone called roman in the race.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    gsk82 wrote:
    i dont know why anyoen would want shleck to win. but he wont anyway because he's wearing number 11, which is roman for 2, and there might be someone called roman in the race.

Kreuziger
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    On my ride this morning, a black cat crossed my path. This is obviously a good omen for Cadel.

Not so good for the cat mind as I ran over it's tail.