What's a nice solid SS 1/8 freewheel?

PenguinWithHair
PenguinWithHair Posts: 185
edited July 2011 in Commuting general
Hey everyone, basically I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some nice single speed 1/8th freewheels for my everyday commute.

My shimano MX30 has done me well, but it does start to feel a bit dodgy after a while and doesn't feel too great in the rain for some reason too. This is already my second shimano replacement so I think I could do with something a little more hardcore and rugged, certainly weather proof anyway.

Maybe something similar to what the bad ass BMX folk use these days? I dunno.

Many thanks!

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The only thing better than Shimano is White Industries, buy 2 and I'll take the 2nd off your hands for £20.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • You can have my shimano freewheels for £20 :)

Y'know, there seem to be plenty of £5 to £10 slightly suspect options, but white industries were the only kinda thing I could find that might be what I was looking for (why I made this thread). Surely there must be a bit more choice in this part of the market?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    After riding for months with a cheap freewheel making noises I went to Shimano and haven't looked back. I've killed cheap freewheels in under a month, Shimano are going strong after a year.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.