I want a Ribble Gran Fondo

Zombie_donkey
Zombie_donkey Posts: 359
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Assuming the carbon frame will take my 16st husky self the only other thing I wonder is do they take them there Halfords C2W vouchers that my employer does or has anyone managed to get one through Halfords?
Giant Escape M1....
Penny Farthing
Unicycle
The bike the Goodies rode
Pogo Stick
Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,

Comments

• FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Unfortunately you wont get one through Halfords, only direct from Ribble.

They do the Cycle Scheme there, but not the same one as Halfords do.

The bike will take your weight without any problems.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Thanks for the info.

I know I can use the voucher at Leisure lakes, Evans and Pitsford cycles so I will have to keep looking. Superb looking bikes them Ribbles though.

Anyway. My company only has a 1 week window to apply for C2W and they posted the wrong dates on the company Intranet so I and several others have missed the boat. Balls up two years running now.

They say they are going to open the scheme again in September and then February but I don't have much faith.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    i'm sure i've read on this site that people have managed to get focus bikes, only available thru wiggle, from halfords. Not sure how it works tho. Might be worth speaking to halfords or ribble...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Halfords actually have quite a catalogue in store, you just have to ask to look at it.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Thanks for the info.

I know I can use the voucher at Leisure lakes, Evans and Pitsford cycles so I will have to keep looking. Superb looking bikes them Ribbles though.

Anyway. My company only has a 1 week window to apply for C2W and they posted the wrong dates on the company Intranet so I and several others have missed the boat. Balls up two years running now.

They say they are going to open the scheme again in September and then February but I don't have much faith.

Yeah but crap customer service, worse than Haflords.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    My company only has a 1 week window to apply for C2W and they posted the wrong dates on the company Intranet so I and several others have missed the boat. Balls up two years running now.

Are you sure they aren't doing tha deliberately?

Can't you complain that considering it's the second time in a row a goodwill gesture would be to extend the scheme?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    dilemna wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation.

In my own personal experience I've not had bad customer service from Ribble.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    dilemna wrote:

You're being silly.

Basically, mostly they are a bit disorganised. I (and many others) have used Ribble time and again without cause for complaint.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • FoldingJoe wrote:
    dilemna wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation.

In my own personal experience I've not had bad customer service from Ribble.

Never bought a bike from them, but when I've used them they've been ace.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    The one time I phoned them I didn't receive groundbreaking customer service, but I did get all the information I needed to return the item.

Their internet service is as good as wiggle IMO.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    My company only has a 1 week window to apply for C2W and they posted the wrong dates on the company Intranet so I and several others have missed the boat. Balls up two years running now.

Are you sure they aren't doing tha deliberately?

Can't you complain that considering it's the second time in a row a goodwill gesture would be to extend the scheme?

I asked that but I work for a lumbering great corporation and no one ever want to take ownership.

It's taken them 18 months to agree to showers for us cyclists and I only think they did that because my colleague rides 20 miles in to work and had resorted to stark b*ll*ck naked sink wash downs in the toilets the transport manager used.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick