Airbrushed Frame?

gtd.
gtd. Posts: 626
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Was thinking of getting my Patriot airbrushed, mates dad is very good was thinking Union Jack on the front triangle similar to the GBR 22x's but faded in with more detail
Main.jpg

and the swing arm done like the new Patriots
61452.jpg

Then Heli-tape it like crazy

Was thinking of also getting my Dr. Jekyll frame and my fork lowers done in black and yellow like hazard tape in the Peter Saville/Ben Kelly Fac51 Hacienda style or like a 03 Giant Terrago FS1
Terrago-AluxX-FS1.gif

Anyone else airbrushed a bike, I know helmets and motorbikes are often airbrushed but I haven't seen a mountain bike done before
Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Seems a bit pointless for something that's supposed to be thrown down mountains.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Naw go for it. Much better than having a punto and 'personalising' it. Before I got the Moment I wanted an Enduro - I was going to strip the frame, powdercoat it white then add little creatures around the largest sections of tubes like the head/down/steerer junction in the style of an artist I can't remember the name of now. The Moment however isn't a painted frame so much harder to strip and the junctions aren't big enough to make a canvas out of
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Get it aibrushed then laquer then helitape!

Doooo eeet!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I like the Union Jack idea, I say go for it 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    there is a company in scotland that do it for a living. somewhere near edinburgh or there abouts.
    they do some good work.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    GTD. wrote:
    Was thinking of getting my Patriot airbrushed, mates dad is very good was thinking Union Jack on the front triangle similar to the GBR 22x's but faded in with more detail
    Main.jpg

I was in Thaliand last year, there I was enjoying some authentic green curry from a street stall down a small side road, when what should go past me but one of these. A thai kid pootling past on a few grands worth of GBR Orange! :? :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    bails87 wrote:
    GTD. wrote:
    Main.jpg

I was in Thaliand last year, there I was enjoying some authentic green curry from a street stall down a small side road, when what should go past me but one of these. A thai kid pootling past on a few grands worth of GBR Orange! :? :lol:
    Obviously a keen MTB'r and not in anyway someone elses pride and joy :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty