Pedal click

flester
flester Posts: 464
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
One of my pedals (something like these) http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shi ... ry=IRELAND has developed a click which I can feel (not hear)once per revolution. It happens on two different bikes with the same pedal and happens even with normal street shoes. They've done only 100 or so clean miles and the bearings don't seem to have any noticeable play in them.
Any ideas?

'I do not believe in the three-speed gear at all', the sergeant was saying. 'It is a newfangled instrument, it crucificies the legs, the half of the accidents are due to it.' (From 'The Third Policeman')

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    grease them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • flester
    Didn't expect to have to grease them so soon but will give it a go (i have to work out how to)

'I do not believe in the three-speed gear at all', the sergeant was saying. 'It is a newfangled instrument, it crucificies the legs, the half of the accidents are due to it.' (From 'The Third Policeman')
  • flester
    OR, you can just get a 15mm spanner and make sure that the pedal is properly screwed into the crank! I was so paranoid about them being too tight, and never being able to get them off.....