Cycling caff's in Northumberland

sheffsimon
sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Will be up in Northumberland next week, around Alnwick/Alnmouth area.

Anybody know of cyclist friendly cafes inland from here, maybe Wooler or Rothbury direction, or up the coast Bamburgh/Seahouses direction?

Comments

• jefflad
    jefflad Posts: 315
    Rothbury has a nice cafe/shop kind of thing. You walk into the local shop and out the back is a cafe. They do the mosy wonderful bacon butty too! great lanes to cycle on in this part of the world, enjoy!

Jeff
  • sheffsimon
    jefflad wrote:
    Rothbury has a nice cafe/shop kind of thing. You walk into the local shop and out the back is a cafe. They do the mosy wonderful bacon butty too! great lanes to cycle on in this part of the world, enjoy!

Jeff

Think I might have been there without the bike, with wife and kids in tow.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Good cyclist cafe in Elsdon as well I think.
    More problems but still living....
  • sheffsimon
    amaferanga wrote:
    Good cyclist cafe in Elsdon as well I think.

Good call, thanks mate, also found Cheviot Cafe in Felton whilst googling instead of working.
  • chrishumes
    chrishumes Posts: 227
    Go to goats on the roof mate near fontburn !
  • Barter Books in Alnwick (at the old railway station) has a relaxed atmosphere and includes a cafe / self service tea making, with plenty of areas to sit (and read a book if you want).

Barrowburn cafe / B&B in the upper Coquet valley if you head that way - spectacular scenery in the middle of nowhere, plus they have reliable information on the Otterburn Ranges military roads opening times.

The cafe at the Northumberland Seabird Centre on the harbour in Amble is a place you can spend a few wet hours.

Wooler has the normal cafes, a bit upmarket; Seahouses is more touristy; there isn't much in Bamburgh as I remember it. I would say most cafes in Northumberland outside of posher areas cater for a lot of outdoor people.