Just read

foxc_uk
foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
this on Twitter and thought of the CC
@scampermax:I havent been keeping up with Moto3-is the Honda a road/dirt based engine?” it's a special DOHC 'backwards head' race engine.
Twitter for iPhone • 21/07/2011 22:16

Looks like Honda know what they're doing.

Comments

• sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    big sticks
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Is Spalders secretly lurking in the Crud Catcher?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I love how the crudcatcher and real life have started melding into one awesome element

imagine that, a crudcatcher world
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sheepsteeth
    not as good as scatman's world
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    badabadabeeebababadabop badabadabop skeee badabadabop

i'm the scatman
  • Gazlar
    See now kaiser, what you have done is confused sheepsteeths reference to "Scatman's World" and erroneously quoted the lyrics to "Scatman (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop)"
    [\fully-sprung]
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    Scatmans world was the name of Scatman Johns album, can you clarify the my confusion my esteemed squire!?

Also whats with the Fully-sprung ref? or is that a clue at me just not getting it?!
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    A scatman's world would be shi t!
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Gazlar
    kaiser83 wrote:
    Scatmans world was the name of Scatman Johns album, can you clarify the my confusion my esteemed squire!?

Also whats with the Fully-sprung ref? or is that a clue at me just not getting it?!

yes, Scatmans world was also the single, whereas what you quoted was from the single Scatman (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop), but hey, you wouldn't be the first to be confused by a Scatmans 12 inch
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    kaiser83 wrote:
    Scatmans world was the name of Scatman Johns album,

Which album was that? His first, second, or turd?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    kaiser83 wrote:
    Scatmans world was the name of Scatman Johns album,

Which album was that? His first, second, or turd?

whichever it was, it peaked before dropping out the number 2 slot
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sheepsteeth
    ill drop out of your number 2 slot in a minute.
  • Gazlar
    ill drop out of your number 2 slot in a minute.

ahh, it's like being back at boarding school
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I know this is a really stupid question for which there is probably an easy answer but Sheepsteeth, how do you get your bikes to stand up for those photos without falling over?
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    t0pc4t wrote:
    I know this is a really stupid question for which there is probably an easy answer but Sheepsteeth, how do you get your bikes to stand up for those photos without falling over?
    Eh, how can you NOT do it? Are you seriously telling me you can't balance your bikes? How come you don't fall off all the time? :?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    t0pc4t wrote:
    Eh, how can you NOT do it? Are you seriously telling me you can't balance your bikes? How come you don't fall off all the time? :?

:lol:

Stabilisers.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • t0pc4t
    when I sit on them yes but how does one get them to free stand?
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    t0pc4t wrote:
    when I sit on them yes but how does one get them to free stand?
    Are you serious?
    Maybe your bars aren't central or something.
  • Kaise
    *cough* photoshop *cough**
  • t0pc4t
    I always run offset bars, everyone does down south as there are more left hand corners than right.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    Photoshop :lol:
    Who needs to learn how to get a bike to balance when we have photoshop? Hell, why even learn how to ride? Just copy and paste your face over Gee Atherton's or something.
  • t0pc4t
    I'd rather spray my paste over Rachel tbh

and thanks.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Kaise
    i use photoshop to prove i can drive a car and do my job dont you?

seriously though standing my specialized is fine but my road bike does take a while, tyres are too thin.

the balance point on the spec is easy to find just took ages the first time round
  • Gazlar
    t0pc4t

Have you got your pedals level? thats the key that everyone forgets when balancing for a photo, then just turn the bar slightly away from the drive side to compensate for the extra weight of mechs and the like. It takes a bit of doing, but once you work out the balance point of your bike its so easy to do time and time again.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    I struggled like hell when mine was new, before I realised the shop's mechanic had fitted the handlebars slightly offset to the right by about 3mm.

Balance point is a bit wonky again now, since I've got a Juicy 3 rear brake, but a new XT front brake, the bike actually balances ever so slightly off-vertical due to the different lever weights.
  • Gazlar
    See because of my arthritis, which affects my left wrist and hand more, I run my controls slightly nearer to the grip compared to the right which throws the balance, but I find that helps to counterbalance the component side and my seatpost remote

also having reflectors on your wheels doesnt help, you should try taking them off
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    see i have the problem of the Remote Brain fitted with my Fox Float, it throws it out a fair bit so i ride with my bars offset on purpose, helps with the balance on the free ride sections as well
  • Gazlar
    kaiser83 wrote:
    see i have the problem of the Remote Brain fitted with my Fox Float, it throws it out a fair bit so i ride with my bars offset on purpose, helps with the balance on the free ride sections as well

well theres your problem, anyone can ride a bike with a brain, it even pedals for you

to think I used to respect you!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • t0pc4t
    it's friday and i'm gullible and by this point I have no idea whether you chaps are serious or not and given my propensity to damage things I love there is no way in the world I'm going to experiment balancing my anthem.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    Are you serious? :?
    Have a look in any bike mag. See the pictures of the bikes they're reviewing? They're almost all balancing. And you still suspect we're talking rubbish?