Mixing team shorts and jerseys

2»

Comments

• garnett
    garnett Posts: 196
    mbhuw wrote:
    Yea black shorts every time, preferably a plain jersey.
    http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/ no.14 - 17 ( it's a complicated subject :/ )
    Absolutely. F-ing. Invaluable.

Many many thanks.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    SPD sandals

Sierra Cycling owner Alan has a pair of these he is over 60 and rides a Cannondale Headshock MTB circa late 90's - his skill level is very high indeed and is so chilled as to seem asleep most of the time, still not sure if he wears them seriously or just to prove a point to the all the gear no idea johnnies that turn up with huge mountain rigs and fall off...

Not right though, are they?
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    12261.jpg

wrong on all levels
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Have you looked up the page? :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    andy46 wrote:
    Very true, I have this years Team SKY short sleeved jersey which is very nice. It has a 1/4 zip though. While watching the tour I noticed the team riders have a full length zip, so I dare say the ones joe public gets to buy are not quite the same. Just like other sports wear really, football shirts, motorsport clothing etc.

I don't quite get this about the Pro's wearing custom kit that differs to the fan's.

In football I can't see the players having custom kit. It is a tshirt in effect. I know for a fact that Bradford City players wear the stuff straight from the shop.

I accept the odd team may get custom stuff (Sky's kits are named) but I think that is the total exception as opposed to the rule.

If you've ever actually seen/owned a football jersey worn by a Pro player, you'd find that they ARE different to the replica jerseys sold in the shops. This may not apply to all clubs, but certainly some of the bigger clubs use them. Lighter, more breathable material usually.

Same applies to Pro cycling jerseys, except you usually CAN buy the same stuff they wear (at a significant cost of course). Your standard issue replica jersey isn't what they wear on the bike - and the ones they wear will be lighter and more breathable and use special fabrics - but can usually still be purchased (but not always!).
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Like I said, I appreciate the exception but I can't see it is the norm. I except the cheap cycling tops are different stuff but when you buy the propper team kit you are getting the same as the pro's like you say.

Please don't fall in to the trap of thinking football is the premier league. It isn't. That is 1% of the teams. Not the norm.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    You can buy the Team Leopard kit (other than the skin suits). The Replicas are based on the Craft Performance range, the Team Leopard Aero Jerseys are those worn by the team. The Craft Team Leopard bib shorts are those worn by the team and are exactly the same as the Craft Elite shorts. The Elite shorts are fantastic, but to be honest, I found the Team Jersey to be a little too snug !!!

Anyway, what does it matter what you where. I was out on Sunday and saw loads of cyclists. Whilst I acknowledged all but one, I can only remember what that one cyclist was wearing.

The reason I didn't acknowledge her was because I was grinding up a hill, blowing out my ar*e and could barely get my nose off the front wheel, heart rate going through the roof.
    The reason I remember what she was wearing is that she was stunning and came whizzing down the hill, in the other direction, blonde hair blowing in the wind whilst waving and smiling at me. (Perhaps that was the reason for my high heartrate :lol: ) oh, and she looked fantastic in her lycra :wink:

Anyway, the point being, unless you're a stunning blonde, noone will notice, and if you're a stunning blonde, noone will care !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    I don't quite always get the "what does it matter what you are wearing" comments.

I want to look smart, in the same way when I leave the house in the morning I like to wear something that makes me look nice. Is that unusual?

Absolutely I wouldn't give too hoots what someone else is wearing but don't you people like to look nice?
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    The Sky Adidas kit for sale at the TdF was exactly the same as the Moa branded stuff that other team replica kits were made from.

I thought they were shockingly poor quality.

I got a set of the Europar bibs ones in a Decathlon somewhere in France for 1/2 the price of the others and they are pretty much the best shorts I have.

I believe most team 'replica' kit to be of shoddy quality.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    kaiser83 wrote:
    12261.jpg

wrong on all levels

Why? Have you tried them? I did 50 miles wearing mine yesterday in complete comfort.
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster