Who has been the man of the Tour?

2»

Comments

• Ms Tree wrote:
    Tommy takes it for me by a small margin. I was practically in tears today when he realised he couldn't stay with Bert etc and kissed his wedding ring and bracelet.

Yeah, just before doing that, he checked there was a live tv camera pointing at him. Very moving Thomas.
  • Echo et les Boniments
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Tommy takes it for me by a small margin. I was practically in tears today when he realised he couldn't stay with Bert etc and kissed his wedding ring and bracelet.

Yeah, just before doing that, he checked there was a live tv camera pointing at him. Very moving Thomas.

why bother if no-one is watching?

My vote still goes to Voeckler. And though I don't really like Contador it was a shame to see him fade right at the end like that. Good for Roland though
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    hard to decide tbh! but i went with tommy! truly epic riding by him this week!

i honestly believe everyone you mentioned has done amazing!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Evans - he has been iron this year. Tommy clOsw second though.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Being British, I've got to go for the underdog.
    Voeckler it is!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Thor, by a mile.
    Voeckler - has done really well but I can't vote for him given that he saw Flecha and Hoogerland get nailed by that car, and just shook his head and carried on to his own personal glory.
    Honourable mention to G Thomas.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Thor for me. Up to the Tour, I thought he'd had a pretty rubbish year and was being hit by the curse of the rainbow bands. But he's had a magnificent tour and performed brilliantly.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    mroli wrote:
    Thor for me. Up to the Tour, I thought he'd had a pretty rubbish year and was being hit by the curse of the rainbow bands. But he's had a magnificent tour and performed brilliantly.

Thor seems to always make good in the Tour.

Pretty sure he's won something in every Tour he's been in.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pretty sure he's won something in every Tour he's been in.

He seems to have missed out in 2003. But he has a terrific record of finding some way, however surprising, to do something (and he's done 11 Tours now).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    I voted Evans, but it was a toss up with Voeckler.