Tour de France riders stats

RowCycle
RowCycle Posts: 367
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Hello,

Is there a website that has statistics on the riders - e.g weight, height...?

Looked on letour.fr but couldn't spot it.

Thanks

Comments

• MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Sometimes the team website has this stuff on, I know Leopard -Trek does and I think so does QuickStep, so others must have it too. Also have a look at wikipedia
  • MrTapir
    Another thing, If you go on the live feed at letour.fr, and click on the little rider icons, that will show a picture of them and have height and weight on, but that depends on which riders they are showing
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    Weight will change quite a bit through the season and the Tou.r itself so a bit meaningless
  • iesous77
    iesous77 Posts: 18
    letour.fr

just look on general classification and click the riders number which is underlined, brings up soem rider statistics
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'd take them with a pinch of salt anyway. A friend of mine works for a very famous sports team and we were discussing one of that team's star names. He said he was really short (my friend is only 5'6 himself), about 5'3, 5'4 and "looks like a twelve year old". We looked his internet stats up and apparently 5'8. BS says my friend.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    The new game is to guess who Rich's friend works for and who the short arse is.

I'm guessing Theo Walcott at Arsenal
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    iesous77 wrote:
    letour.fr

just look on general classification and click the riders number which is underlined, brings up soem rider statistics

Thanks.

Just interesting to see the difference between the 'big guys' like Cancellera and the 'small guys' like Monfort.

Will take with a pinch of salt.
  • MrTapir
    RowCycle wrote:
    iesous77 wrote:
    letour.fr

Thanks.

Just interesting to see the difference between the 'big guys' like Cancellera and the 'small guys' like Monfort.

Cancellara officially weighs 432kgs and is 6ft 10ins tall
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    MrTapir wrote:
    RowCycle wrote:
    iesous77 wrote:
    letour.fr

Thanks.

Cancellara officially weighs 432kgs and is 6ft 10ins tall

I once saw a clip of Cancellara this year being weighed with full gear, helmet, shoes, food, etc (winter gear too) before Het Volk, which the rest of the forum seemed to have missed which put him at 92kg. Everyone seems to think that's around 10 kilos too much.

He normally loses some weight for the summer.