I Don't Beelieve It!!!

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Today is I hate Bees day :evil:
Getting stung in the lower calf going in to work is bad enough but to then to come home and get stung in the lip is not funny!!
Lucky I had my Epi pen at work this morning but all the chemists are now closed. So i'm sat here nose running like a waterfall with a stinking head ache.
For the record Bee stings in the mouth hurt Ten times those in the Calf they also inflame up like a B"!*tch too..
Now waiting for GF too get back from 24 hr Chemist with Epipen :lol:

Comments

• Ah, stop whining, its worse when you get stung in the back of your throat (not recommended) :wink:
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You need to Bee more careful.
  • roddixon
    roddixon Posts: 100
    Won't help though. :cry: Epipens are to prevent you developing an anaphylactoid reaction. What you describe is a normal reaction to histamine, runny nose, headache etc. You need an antihistamine.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Those Epipens look really expensive. Your really getting stung there.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    As I understand it, once a bee has stung it dies.

On this basis, once you got to work this morning you had killed, depending on the circumstances this is either murder or you can maybe go for manslaughter as it was not pre-meditated.

However, as you killed again this evening you are now officially Britain's newest serial killer and are no better than Fred West. I hope your pleased with yourself.

Got to go, the queen wants me back in the hive before dark.

Yours

Bizzy B
  • forcutty
    roddixon wrote:
    Won't help though. :cry: Epipens are to prevent you developing an anaphylactoid reaction. What you describe is a normal reaction to histamine, runny nose, headache etc. You need an antihistamine.
    Nah i'm allergic too Insect stings :wink:
    Nearly blacked out getting of the bike at work
    Got stung by three wasps last year and ended up in A&E after blacking out on the beach woke up with two lifeguards beside me :oops: Had to carry an Epipen since a bad reaction when i was six. It sucks long live those nice -5 mornings when the blighter's would freeze to death!
  • forcutty
    RichardSwt wrote:
    Those Epipens look really expensive. Your really getting stung there.
    Yep the prescriptions a killer :lol:
  • roddixon
    roddixon Posts: 100
    forcutty wrote:
    Nah i'm allergic too Insect stings :wink:
    Nearly blacked out getting of the bike at work
    Got stung by three wasps last year and ended up in A&E after blacking out on the beach woke up with two lifeguards beside me :oops: Had to carry an Epipen since a bad reaction when i was six. It sucks long live those nice -5 mornings when the blighter's would freeze to death!

Maybe you should have gone with your GF? Hope you're not lying in a heap on the floor now having a fit... :shock:

Hopefully she'll be buzzing on the doorbelll soon.... :roll:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That reminds me:

There was a young man from dundee
    Who got stung on the neck by a wasp
    when asked did it hurt
    he said not very much
    It can do it again if it likes.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    You're reliant on an Epipen is you get stung due to a bad reaction as a kid? And you only have ONE? Me, I'd have one in my work bag, one at home, and on in the bike bag.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Could have been worse, Victor Meldrew could have been knocking on your door remonstrating with you about the mis-use of his catch phrase :wink:
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    A motorbiking chum, and also a member here, posted he had today been stung under his helmet on a motorbike forum.

The only sympathetic response was "why were you f}%%+}${ an insect? :lol:
  • forcutty
    Mouth wrote:
    You're reliant on an Epipen is you get stung due to a bad reaction as a kid? And you only have ONE? Me, I'd have one in my work bag, one at home, and on in the bike bag.
    I did have two but Terminal 5 Lost one :roll:
    I now have two again :wink:
    last night I completely cramped up so went doctors this morning after being told i'd need a fresh prescription by the chemist :evil:
    Anyhow got told off by GP should have gone too walk in center last night apparently :roll:
    Thought i'd MTFU :lol:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    RichardSwt wrote:
    You need to Bee more careful.

what-you-did-there-i-see-itthumbnail.jpg