Manchester routes

Hi All,

I've recently moved to Manchester and have just purchased a road bike and was wandering if anyway could advise any decent routes.

I'm living in the city centre and looking to go riding out into the country and trying to avoid the busy main roads.

Any help would be great

Matt
2011 Focus Cayo 105 Ltd
2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert Disk

Comments

• polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    Drop me a pm with your email and I'll send you some routes. Just let me know whereabouts in town you are heading out from and I'll send you a mix of hills and flat ones.

AL
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    edited July 2011
    Try these. They'll show you all the routes you need to know. http://www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk/index.htm

Not bias honest.
  • Thanks guys - this is Matt by the way I've just changed my username :)

MancMissile has a good ring to it haha
    Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9.0
  • Tonymufc - I've been playing 5 a side football down at Sport City on a Wednesday night and seen lots of road riders competing in races.

I saw a few guys with Manchester Wheelers jerseys on as well. What goes on down there? Is it time trials?
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc - I've been playing 5 a side football down at Sport City on a Wednesday night and seen lots of road riders competing in races.

I saw a few guys with Manchester Wheelers jerseys on as well. What goes on down there? Is it time trials?

No mate that's a circuit race. The last one I think is next Wednesday. We've had a really good showing with good numbers and a few of the lads have come away with some good placings. The club, runs intro rides once a month of distances of about 40 miles or so at a fairly relaxed pace, but it'll take you onto some lovely quiet Cheshire lanes that you're probably after.
  • Cheers Tony, the intro ride sounds great do you know when the next one is?
  • Tonymufc
    Cheers Tony, the intro ride sounds great do you know when the next one is?

Matt, I'm not too sure but I'd assume that there'll either be one at the end of the month or the start of next. If you keep an eye on the rides list http://www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk/rides/ just turn up have a ride, see what you think, and if you like what you see then just join. Simples! The last one was on the 9th of this month so maybe round about the same time next month. Any questions regarding rides etc info@manchesterwheelers.co.uk just email the question. I bet when you originally posted you didn't think you'd get someone trying to recruit you for a club did you? :lol:
  • Haha no but I do want a join a club as I'm new to the area and want some people to ride with so definitely going to get on the next intro ride and see how it goes from there :)

thanks