Isle of Wight rides

pdstsp
pdstsp Posts: 1,264
Morning all - I am off to the IOW tomorrow for a week and taking the bike with me. Staying near Cowes and will be able to go out each day - probably for 2 to 3 hours though with a pass for half a day at some point. Just wondered if there are any must do rides recommended - at the moment I am just thinking of "riding round a bit" but if there's anything anyone thinks I should do then please shout it up.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• malcolmfrost
    malcolmfrost Posts: 211
    If you get a pass out, then have a go at the "Round the Island". Clockwise or anti, signposted all the way, about 65 miles.
    http://www.sunseaandcycling.com/Files/Documents/RTImapA3.pdf
    Otherwise, generally the SW corner is the nicest.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Cheers - that's probably the pass out sorted.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    If you have a couple of hours, head down from Cowes to Yarmouth>Freshwater and then along the military road to Ventnor. Then come back through the middle to Newport and back to Cowes. Works out at around 70km.

Another reasonable loop is to go to Ryde, on to Bembridge/St Helens, past the airport, over the downs and then back via Newport. Works out around 40/50km with a few nice little digs.
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    If you can get out on Sunday morning the Wiggle Isle of Wight Sportive is doing a clockwise loop of the Island from Yarmouth.