Trek Rememdy 7 Avid Elixir 5 rotor size

Danny-T
Danny-T Posts: 129
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm at work and want to order some new rotors for my 2010 trek remedy 7. I don't suppose anyone can confirm the sizes? I believe the front is 180 but unsure if the rear is the same.

I can of course just look tonight but was hoping to get an order in today on the off chance I get em in time for the weekend :P

cheers!

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    google original specs you lazy bastardo!
  • Danny-T
    Thanks for the useful advice, I've done this but it unfortunately doesn't specify the size: www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/2010/archive/remedy7
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Avids will be 185 F & R.

Worth getting a couple of adapters there is more choice in 180s
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    my apologies, seem nobody does (some sites listed rotor sizes for my bike so assumed it would be the same.)

Looking at the pictures, and what I know of the EX8 from 2010 it will be the same size as the front rotor. So 185. Careful as most brake manufacturers use 180.
  • Danny-T
    Thanks blitz. now I need to figure out which adapter I need :S

Screw it will go and look at lunchtime :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's wrong with your current rotors? can't you straighten them?
  • Danny-T
    It's only very slightly bent but there is next to no room for sideways movement as the pads are so close together (even with the pistons pushed fully back). I don't really see how I can straighten such a slight buckle.

For the cost of some new rotors I'm happy to replace them and was looking at the superstar stuff as I'm about to buy some wheels but it is turning out not to be as straightforward a purchase as I'd first hoped.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Avid's rotors are quite easy to bend back into shape with a pair of pliers. Have done it meself several times.

Avid run their pads very close to the rotors so the slightest deviation is very noticeable.