delamere,llandegla ????

chemicalviking
chemicalviking Posts: 284
edited August 2011 in MTB rides
hi folks iam now a new proud owner of a GT avalanche 3.0(naff pedals) and im going to be off to delamere tomorrow for a blast about on my new toy, so if anyone is around there tomorrow say helo to me as i will be on my own :cry:

also in the next couple of weeks when im more confident i will looking to go llandegla forest so if anyone is up for meeting up and showing me around i would be very gratefull.
i am very fit im used to going the gym cardio and weight sessions so im hoping this will see me in good stead for a long ride.

cheers

kieran.

Comments

• theshrew
    theshrew Posts: 169
    I normally ride these to places.

Go off the beaten track at Delamere for the most fun.

Llandegla you cant get lost mate. Loads of signs about and the few times ive been always loads of people about.
  • thanks for the tip about delamere , suppose the worst i can do is get lost for a few hours.
  • i went today to delamere and i must say i had loads of fun. i just followed the hunger hill trail only 4 mles long but i wasnt expecting the big descent at the begining and the climbs were just about right for a beginer tough enough to get the heart beating.

after a lot of rain last night there was a lot of mud :lol: and puddles to enjoy, i did go off the braten track a little bit and decided to ride over roots and rocky places. after i made it back to the trail centre i sat down and got my breath back and after about 10 mins or so i did the trail again and by the end of that i was pooped.

great times and its good been on a bike again. i would deffinatley recommend it if your local.
  • just to add to this and notify some people that there is a meeting every thursday night at the tracs shop at delamere 6:30pm which i will be attending next week as they do a ride around and go on some trails , should be fun.
  • Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    I'll be doing Llandegla Saturday 6th August if you want to join us....9am start
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)
  • Alan P wrote:

thanks for the invite but i actually have to work saturdays :x what a pain. if your going again either a friday or a sunday would be good.

cheers again.

kieran.
  • Alan P
    I'll let you know if we do at any time....
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • curlie467
    curlie467 Posts: 225
    Alan P wrote:

I wouldnt mind tagging along, that is what time i normally ride out at llandegla!
  • i am actually off work for the next couple of weeks, so i can actually make this now if the invite still stands :wink: cant wait, i can give my bike the abuse it deserves.
  • Alan P
    No problem, we're planning on slightly later now at 9.30am from the cafe, but you're both welcome
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • theshrew
    Have you been on the ride on a Thursday night yet mate ? Any good ?

Ive not really done much riding lately and when i have its only been around Marbury Park just not had the time to go anywhere else.
  • theshrew

Ive not really done much riding lately and when i have its only been around Marbury Park just not had the time to go anywhere else.
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    theshrew wrote:

Wednesday nights has become very popular with the barbeque on, even the overflow carpark was full last Wed night.
  • theshrew i have not been to delamere on a thursday night yet but im planning on going this week if you fancy it starts at 6:30pm outside the tracs shop.
    also im going to llandegla tomorrow to have a go at the blue route, i got a new karimor back pack and 2 litre resovoir for only £24.00 today at sports direct and its well decent aswell.
    im planning on been at llandegla for about 10:15/ 10:30 am thats if i dont get lost. :lol:
  • omegas
    im planning on been at llandegla for about 10:15/ 10:30 am thats if i dont get lost. :lol:

M56
    A55
    A483 Wrexham
    A525 Ruthin

you can not get lost as its well sign posted
  • i had a great time this morning at llandegla, that climb at the beggining had me huffing and puffing but i soon found my stride and the rest of the run was great. looking forward to going back again especially as i know what to expect.

mtbing is the best thing ive done in years.
  • theshrew
    Thanks for the offer mate but i just not got the time to go at the moment. Glad you enjoyed Llandegla which route did you do ?
  • Ive been to llandegla a few times now, its great aint it?!
    The blue route is fun and the red route is good too, loadsa downhill with some jumps but it has chicken runs around the jumps too :oops: The last few miles is rollercoaster up and downs which tired me out. Though there is one uphill that even a mate whose fitter than me, we both stood at the bottom thinking "how the hell do you cycle up that?" Anyone else know it? ITs a really steep road for the forestry vehicles. Or is it just me being unfit?

Try the red route mate, tiring for me but really good track.
    If in doubt - flat out!
  • TQ
    TQ Posts: 15
    Ive been to llandegla a few times now, its great aint it?!
    The blue route is fun and the red route is good too, loadsa downhill with some jumps but it has chicken runs around the jumps too :oops: The last few miles is rollercoaster up and downs which tired me out. Though there is one uphill that even a mate whose fitter than me, we both stood at the bottom thinking "how the hell do you cycle up that?" Anyone else know it? ITs a really steep road for the forestry vehicles. Or is it just me being unfit?

Try the red route mate, tiring for me but really good track.

That would be the double steep climb I guess?

My technique is, get it in a lowish gear, weight over the front, pedal reasonably quickly and smoothly.
  • my thoughts on seeing that was "you've gotta be kidding me" :shock: haha looking forward to doing on saturday. i might wait a few weeks to do the red route i dont think my lungs could take the extra miles at the momment.
  • omegas
    The double steep on the red was closed last week. I have never seen anyone ride up it all the way to the top, its probably only 50 metres long but gets steeper the further you go up.
  • Alan P
    0930 in the car park tomorrow is still on for those interested. Intention is to do the red/black and then go out again after brunch/cake for the red or blue depending on how knackered we are :wink:
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • Alan P

Hi Alan, came across this thread earlier today, was wondering if i could join in with this? What sort of level are you guys riding at? A healthy, brisk pace or a more gentle meander?!

I've PM'd you as i live in Sutton myself and could either drive or provide some petrol money?

(had originally included my number in this, can't imagine too many dodgy callers trawling these threads but you never know!)

Simon
  • Alan P
    Hi Simon, you're welcome to join us. Me and another mate are reasonably paced, whilst there's another couple of lads joining us who are a bit more in pie eaters territory. I usually aim to do the red/black in 1hr45mins or so and then the red in about an hour depending on how many times we stop.

I'm already near Llandegla now and for this weekend so won't be able to give you a lift I'm afraid, but maybe another time. Note I also usually do Cannock (Monkey) every other Sunday late afternoon....start 5pm ish from the car park and the pace is usually just under 2 hours so not too brisk, but still a good workout.

Cheers
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • Smashing, see you tomorrow morning then. What car will you be in/near? Sounds like a good pace - just got to sort out a small p*ncture issue this evening!

Simon
  • Alan P
    I'll be in a white transit van and I'm riding a scott genius
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
  • Alan P wrote:
    I usually aim to do the red/black in 1hr45mins or so and then the red in about an hour depending on how many times we stop. Cheers

Wow, i did the red in 2hrs 30mins! Trouble was didnt have much to eat or drink on the way though which led to me being knackered and stopping a few times . . .*cough quite a few times! cough*

great downhill where the red seperates from the blue, quite vibey on my hardrock but was still great!
    If in doubt - flat out!
  • Alan, i've sent you another PM - have a great ride and i'll catch you when you get back to Sutton.

Sorry about today... Simon
  • just bumping this up to see if anyone from here has been on the thursaday night run at delamere yet? it has been really good for the past few weeks with 16 people turning up last week and 20 people turning up last night.

we go well off the beaten track and is really good fun, so if anyone is in two minds about going you should definiatley give it ago, im not the most fastest of riders at the momment but each week im getting better and better.

was really muddy last night but so much fun with riders from northwich,st helens and manchester etc coming along. its on a thurday night at 6:30pm and last about 2hrs.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I was going to ask about the thursday delamere run too, thinking of having a trip across in the next couple of weeks. I guess you just turn up at the bike cabin?