Another Idiot driver post ...

KonaMike
KonaMike Posts: 805
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Riding home last night down a nice wide stretch of slightly downhill road at about 30mph,I became aware that the car behind me was very close and not passing even though there was ample room. I assumed the driver was happy at 30 so I carry on for about 3 minutes,then as the road narrows she passes VERY close almost hitting my elbow with her wing mirror !!
I shouted out to warn her and as I look across she has both hands in the centre of the steering wheel eating a bag of Doritos !! (Cool Origional)
She jumped when I shouted and then at the lights further down the road she said ' sorry love I didnt know you were there ' ...... after following me closely for nearly 10 minutes :shock:

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Driving is just something that happens by chance when in a car for some people, rather than something that yuo have to actively 'do' and concentrate on. No harm done, fortunately, and hopefully she'll pay a little more attention in future.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I can't believe that....

... Nacho cheese flavour is so much better.

Perhaps she brought them in case she needed to dip her lights?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    hahahaha, a good chuckle cheers wbw :D

I was going to ask whether wearers of marmite and other food based cycle tops ever have a smidsy. Perhaps if we all wore crisp based tops we'd all be noticed more?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I can't believe that....

... Nacho cheese flavour is so much better.

Perhaps she brought them in case she needed to dip her lights?

I was waiting for that !! :lol:
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    I was on a bus in edinburgh at the weekend

driver is talking to his mate (past the line)

as we are tailgating a cyclist at 5 mph up a hill he turns to his mate and sasy "I'm sure they slow down when you get behind them"

I have contact the bus company as they need to retrain the drivers, and expect someone to be run down round here soonish...........
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    estampida wrote:
    "I'm sure they slow down when you get behind them".

Wonder if he learned that from the discovery channel one night :?