The Honister92

Hey Everyone, On Sunday August 7th, Honister 92 Cycling Club are organising a ride from the village of Rosthwaite in Borrowdale, which links in with the weekend of Borrowdale Fell race that is run on the Saturday.

The ride named 'The Honister 92' will be 92 miles long, with the ride itself finishing on the summit of Honister pass, (flippin eck what a coincidence, you could name a club after that ride) where riders will then descend (nice and slowly) back to the start point in Rosthwaite.

This isn't a timed ride and it will be run in a similar format to our previous reliability rides, with 3 groups setting off at 30 minute intervals at 08:30, 09:00 & 09:30. These groups will be based on ability and as a guide, average speeds are expected to be in the region of (14-15mph, 16-17mph, 18-19mph) for each group.

The aim of the ride will be to have a good day out in some really nice cycling terrain and also to get some feedback on the route to see if it would be worth organising a larger scale event in the future

There won't be an organised cafe stop en-route as with previous reliability rides, however there will be a stop arranged at approximatly half distance, where water and a few snacks will be provided and I'm sure a few of us will be adjourning to the Scafell Hotel afterwards for a bit of a social.

The ride will be pretty much based around the route, which can be found here http://ridewithgps.com/routes/465144 and is predominately on minor & quiet roads, with only a very brief excursion onto the A66.

We will probably have to charge a nominal fee of about £5 to cover any snacks and marking up of the route and for the Insurance with British Cycling, which is a snip compared to many other events

If you are interested then drop me a reply to this email or e-mail me at hotdog@honister92.com so that I have some idea of how many will be turning up so I can make sure there are enough provisions. If you need any further info then email me. Feel free to pass this round to anyone that might be interested and get them to drop me a message.

Cheers, H.D>