HTII BB Spacers.

Chunkers1980
Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Need one of approx. 1 mm rather than the 2.5 mm I have - any ideas?

Don't want to sand one down as I'm not sure it would be equal all around thus not be parrallel.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    go to your LBS.

why?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    For my best chainline I want to run 1 x 2.5 mm spacer on the D/S rather than the 2 x (5 mm) you're recommended or optium.

However when I run 1 x 2.5 mm each side - it's right on the end of the splines - it needs about another 1 mm so it properly can pre-tension. Make sense?
  • nicklouse
    put the other 2,5mm on the other side them.

then you will have the correct spacing between the bearings so you can get the right preload on them.

Or you may get away with 2 X 1mm spacers.

68mm BB you need a minimum of 7,5mm spacers total (HT2 fitting). 3 X2,5 or 2 2,5 and BB mount device or mech.

Hope do a 1mm spacer for use with Road cranks

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=36416

but I would be having other thoughts first.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Chunkers1980
    Cheers for the link.

That's what I have done - I have 5mm of spacers on the none drive side now (to allow pre-load) - I'd like this to be approx 3.5 mm thus moving the non-drive crank arm in about 1.5 - 2mm to center it up a bit better.

I know that 5mm on the drive side is supposed to be the 'correct' chainline - it's just I feel it's better with 2.5 mm for me and the range I tend to use - and the front mech still functions correctly - just!
  • nicklouse
    if you take any out of the non drive side put it back on the drive side.

how can if feel better? your left foot will be further out. and your chain angle on the small cog will be greater.

if the distance between the bearings is not correct you have a very good chance of the cranks moving. 0.5mm is about the min I would reduce it by. hence the 2 1mm spacers.

If you want a smaller Q number look at different cranks.