Lazy bieginner routes

scoi
scoi Posts: 103
edited July 2011 in MTB rides
Looking for a route that would be good for a few lazy bikers.

I'm thinking something along the lines of: park car near train station, catch train uphill, ride back down some trails but nothing too steep as we're not too experienced on the downhill sections, we obviously expect some level of climbing will be involved. Thinking of a total ride time of 4 hours or possibly make it a camping trip if its worth it. Could also work something using 2 cars if something springs to mind.

All of us have done some level of trail riding and have mid priced hard tails. We're pretty flexible on location so anywhere in the UK considered.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I think you are looking for the impossible. Everywhere with uplifts is DH specific, and there aren't any places I can think of where train from A to B and ride back is a great ride. You'd be better off going to one of the trail centers like CyB or Afan and just making sure you don't over do it.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Trains rarely go to the tops of hills, they go through them, hence cuttings, tunnels etc.
    You could always hire some porters.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • scoi
    scoi Posts: 103
    So ignoring the train idea and the spelling mistake in the title, its now down to chair lifts or some musical cars. I've been looking through some of the route finders but nothing seems to have a very good search function i can find.

Is there one that i can plug in distance and elevation difference and see the results or do i have to do it the hard way and keep looking until something crops up.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Your question makes no sense.
    You are looking for search function that will find you trails you can drive to the top of?
    Seems rather limiting.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools