Good Morning: Fark It's Monday Official Edition

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Monday morning. Says it all really.

Dentist then horse placement. It's raining. Not cool. Girlfriend coming up friday night for the weekend so at least I've got something to look forward to this week.

What y'all upto?

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I'll post in here, seeing as it's the Official thread.

Monday, meh. The good point is I finish work 30 miniutes earlier. I think I might just go back to bed

Toodles
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Pah!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

a nice swim before work this morning, a day of meh is looming :?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Mehning
    Work, food shop, sleep.

Achievement unlocked: came to work sans le boot.

Laters
    FoxC
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Meh.

Having a mid life this morning. Went out to a friends party yesterday afternoon and realised that

a. work's taking over my life
    b. years of worrying about what the kids are wearing means I look like a grumpy old man
    c. I feel like a grumpy old man
    d. Alcoholic ginger beer is far too nice

On a positive note I have the best looking wife, so I need to start from there.

anyway work, work, work.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning

back tot he grind stone after quite a productive weekend with all the bike servicing and riding that we to be had!

this is the longest me and missk and been apart since we moved in to the new place, its a bit weird as the house very quiet and nowhere near as fun as when she is there!

ah well she is back on friday, i'll keep myself occupied with work and riding
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Procrastination, work avoidance and general tom foolery are the words of the day........ Waiting for an email confirming my new crank has been dispatched as a managed to knacker my current one!

Also it's my last week of work at the current school I work at so DVD lessons for the students will be the objective all week!!

3 more get ups until a summer of MTB!!!
  • Kaise
    3 more get ups until an AUTUMN of MTB!!!

FIXED
  • ricardo_smooth
    ha, very true... more like hurricane season this weekend mind!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Morning

Off for a residential week in a few hours. Got my drinking head ready
  • VWsurfbum
    On a positive note I have the best looking wife.
    You know the rules POIDH
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ricardo_smooth
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    You know the rules POIDH

THIS
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Hola,

Back from the most knackering (non mtb) weekend ever. Have returned hire luton, have eaten bacon, am drinking tea. 1 more week of no work left, yay.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Today I'm reminded that you should always look both ways before crossing the road. Or if you're only going to look one way, make sure it's the direction traffic is coming from.

Also I'm figuring out which trail centre I should ride at if/when I go to visit my mate in Cardiff, suggestions?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Cwm Carn Simples.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Folks

First of 4 lates today, but its not too bad, I have a long weekend in Welshland to follow, including a birthday regatta at the Yacht club.

Had no proper bread or bagels in the house, so brekky today was scrambled eggs with pancetta and mozzarella with a light black pepper, olive oil and sun dried tomato drizzle, served with warm ciabatta, and was very pleasant

Bailster, i'd say Cwmcarn is your best bet, Afan is about an hours drive. when you off?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    Morning all! Waterproof trousers were needed today, but it felt good to be on the bike.

Good weekend was had, but a ridiculously busy week coming up, boo hiss no fair!
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Kaise
    Cwmcarn is the closer and is a good ride, still havent built up the kahunnas to tackle to DH track yet!

Afan is a bit of a trek if you have got limited time but you have more variety!

I would stick with cwmcarn
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    crazy88
    Skin's waterproof, you big girl!!

Gazlar and Thewaylander
    Thanks, I couldn't remember what was within a sensible distance of Cardiff. I wanted to go somewhere new, but I suppose I didn't really do Cwm Carn properly as it was covered in ice when I went. Not sure when I'm going. It's one of those "You should come and visit...one day...definitely." "Oh yeah, I definitely will....definitely...." and then I won't see him until he's home at Christmas :lol: Apathy FTW!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    Well if you do come, let us know will see if we can join you to make sure you do ride it properly :p
  • Gazlar
    bails87

Well If its any good to you, 20/21st August, ill be in Welshland for that weekend, well i'm down that whole week, so I'd be up for doing Afan or Brechfa, Afan is bout an hour from Cardiff tops, and about an hour from me in Milford Haven
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
    360 Posts: 5,940
    Got back from whistler yesterday, jet lagged as fuck today.
  • Thewaylander
    Afan may only be an hour away, but its not worth the hours fuel to drive lol :P
  • Gazlar
    But then I wouldn't spend 2 hours driving to Cwmcarn from Milford when I can spend 2 hours driving to Cwm from home. I shall probably go for a blast around Brechfa whilst i'm down that way too at some point
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Brechfa on the otherhand is worth the fuel :P
  • Gazlar
    Hmmm, may well have to pop that up on here to offer to fellow crudders
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    bails87 wrote:
    crazy88

True, but the rest of my clothes aren't, neither are the train seats and people look at me funny when I get on the train looking like i've just received a golden shower from a person who drinks a lot.

Never use waterproofs on the way home, only going to work.

Justification is like masturbation and all that...
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Gazlar
    crazy88 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    crazy88

people look at me funny when I get on the train looking like i've just received a golden shower from a person who drinks a lot.

Not as funny as they look at me when I'm in the same boat, well train, train boat
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    360 wrote:
    Got back from whistler yesterday, jet lagged as fark today.
    What?? who how and other questions, how long were you there? holiday or riding etc etc?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    On a positive note I have the best looking wife.
    You know the rules POIDH

Nowt on the phone, I'll have to get one later.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?