Hayes 9 bleed adapter need one now

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Helppppppp

Oh crud we are off early tommorow for a trip to Wales and my mates front Hayes 9 lever is pulling back to the bar after the little plug in the bleed port came out while he cleaned the bike. Workshop goblins have stolen the adapter from my bleed kit does anyone know how to cobble together an adapter. Its so long since I used the Hayes adapter I cant remember what size it is.

I seem to remember a thread that said use a straw off a WD40 can but cant find it and dont fancy contaminating the brake if I remember wrong
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Done it its amazing what you can do when your desperate. A root through the spares and bits box and we found a piece of plastic pipe from god knows where that fitted perfectly into the bleed hole a blob of quick setting araldite got it attached to a piece of windscreen washer hose and away we went. Now we have a fully working Hayes 9 brake.

Just need to fix the weather and its all good.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap