removing RC2 adjuster blue knobs

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all, I'm servicing my 36s for the first time - I only want to change the oil and seals. However I'm having trouble removing the high and low speed compression adjusters -
DSCN1927_320x214.jpg
I cannot access the low speed (smaller of the two) grub screw to remove it. As in -
DSCN1928_320x214.jpg
Do I have to remove the top cap assembly to allow this adjuster to come out further? The pictures are from this guide which talks about removing the damper. However on the pinkbike vid, the mechanic does not fiddle with the top caps before being able to remove the lowers. Any help appreciated as I've a kitchen full of tools and the inlaws coming :roll:

Comments

• bluechair84
    OK, I've found the simple oil change procedure, but my high speed adjuster does no clear the grub screw on the low speed adjuster so I can't remove them for the service.
    Any ideas what could be doing this?
    2011-07-16_11-19-55_0.jpg
  • bluechair84
    ..................................................................................................................................
    ..................................................................................................................................
    .................................................................................................................................
    .................................................................................................................................
    ............................................................................................ it winds out :x