Chain Reaction Shipping Gaffe

p44cmb
p44cmb Posts: 124
edited July 2011 in MTB general
I got home this evening to a rather large box from CRC. Considering I had ordered a chainstay protector I was a little surprised at the heavy duty packaging consisting of a box that could fit your medium sized Dominos pepperoni Passion Pizza in. After that little surprise I then thought "what a decent bunch of people" they are so concerned about my little sliver of neoprene that they really packaged it well. After ripping the box open like an excited 10 year old, my delight soon turned to hogwild rage as all that was in the box was a free sample for some low sugar energy drink and a receipt for a chainstay protector that wasn't there.

How on earth can a box get packed without the product in it!!! Oh well am laughing about it now after politely emailing them asking to send me the chainstay protector.

Comments

• captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Well at least it shoud have been you order(long story :roll: ) Just kep chasing them up about it and they will sort it out there order pickers and dispatch team can be p!ss poor at times AND they know it,
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    CRC automated packing system does my nut in, i ordered a new BMX frame, BB, brake cable and chain and it came in 2 deliveries (frame one day, the others the next). A human would have just put it all in the same box, saves time, money and packaging.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    hounslow wrote:
    CRC automated packing system does my nut in, i ordered a new BMX frame, BB, brake cable and chain and it came in 2 deliveries (frame one day, the others the next). A human would have just put it all in the same box, saves time, money and packaging.
    And increased the cost as well as probably getting something wrong.
    Robots are the future.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    hounslow wrote:
    CRC automated packing system does my nut in.

+1 When you get a SS freewheel + invoice in one of their boxes that is too big for the letterbox means I have to go to the sorting office the following day which sort of negates the whole point of online shopping for such items.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    had exactly the same thing.....order a spoke key and it turned up in a box the size of a small domestic fridge ! :shock:
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    i just order everything to work;

No going out to the sorting office
    Arrives on the day i would get it if i went to the sorting office
    Goods recieved will sign for it and then phone me when they have it

the royal mail have been pretty good of late as well
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    kaiser83 wrote:

This
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • p44cmb
    I had a nice apology e-mail from them this morning and confirmation that they are sending out the missing item. I think I will video the unboxing just in case when it turns up.
  • I had 1 single gear cable in a box about 2ft by 1ft from CRC! and thats no joke, still got it under my desk at work!
  • j4mesj4mes
    j4mesj4mes Posts: 138
    I orderd a 3 pack of sram powerlinks from crc the other day and it came in a box the size of a keyboard!
  • Alinshearah
    Alinshearah Posts: 339
    Have you phoned Wiggle to complain?
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Throw those freebie diet sports drinks in the bin they taste awful.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Last time I ordered from them they literrally crammed as much as possible in a padded envelope thing. Chain, powerlinks, chainstay protector and gear cables. They obviously don't care about me enough to give me a big box :lol:
  • p44cmb
    Woohoo. Chainstay protector arrived today in a much more sensibly sized Jiffy bag...Please note:- other padded bags are available.

I didn't get anymore energy drink samples though this time.
  • the high5 energy tablet things are quite nice i thought!!!
    although i ordered a pair of socks in the private sale and they came in a huge box!
    there waqs a vbid on stw of a behind the scenes of crc warehouse a while back!! good watch!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    kaiser83 wrote:

Work is not an option for me sadly.

Sorting office is a right Royal Mail pain since they cut the opening hours. Though postie will sometimes leave boxes on the doorstep instead. Signed for stuff goes to the office. If it's next day delivery I can only deal with it the day after.

The whole concept of home deliveries needs sort out really. Privatise the mail and let Tesco deliver it. They'll do home deliveries in the evening no problem.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    deadkenny wrote:
    Work is not an option for me sadly.
    Ah, you're a ninja too?
    Dropped me right in the sh*t once. i was poised up on the rafters, waiting for the perfect moment to pounce down on my target (Bin laden, in case you were wondering), when CityLink turned up with a parcel for me to sign for.
    One missed assassination later, and I'm always opting to buy from my LBS from now on.