Pro team jerseys

csp
csp Posts: 777
edited July 2011 in Pro race
I've noticed that most TdF (ie. hot weather) jerseys are made of a very light, see-through, almost fishnet-like mesh fabric. Can you buy these in shops? Most "team issue" jerseys seem to be just cheap replicas, made from the lowest end models of the manufacturers' product lines.

The Leopard Trek jersey is one example (you can actually see the bibshort straps through it), but I have seen similar ones by Rabobank and Sky.

8362407.jpg

Comments

• xcmad
    xcmad Posts: 110
    Noticed the thin stuff yeah, when they fall off it rips to peices. I fell off and scraped down the road yesterday, my replica fine
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    The last jersey I bought was made of that material it's really light and indeed kinda see through, so the material must be on the high street.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I have a skinsuit made of that material. Ultra thin and has extra aero advantages (apparently).

My Cervelo race jersey from the shops from 2 years ago was also made of the same stuff, so you CAN buy it. At a premium price.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    sometimes they release different quality jerseys like a cheap one that just looks the same and a pro version.

try checking probikekit and gbcycles.

I have a KOM one that has the netting down the side, great on really warm days
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    ive seen a leopard rider wear one that looked even thinner than what theyve been sporting at the moment - i think it was linus gerdemann during the tour of luxembourg - he looked like Rab C Nesbitt!

dont think a top like that would be too flattering to my extra rolls :oops:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Not sure that the ultra thin jerseys would get much use in a british summer....
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    cougie wrote:
    Not sure that the ultra thin jerseys would get much use in a british summer....

They will breathe nicely under a rain jacket :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.