Charlie Gilmour, bet he feel's like a pr*ck now!

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14150800

Charlie Gilmour, son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour, has been jailed for 16 months for a rampage at a student fees protest in central London.

Still, the way the article reads, sounds like he was a one man riot! You wouldn't think that thousands were mostly doing exactly the same.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Goodbye Blue Sky

    All that money and nowhere to spend in inside except on phone cards and bottom lube
  • 16 months for chucking a bin at a posh car.

    Kill someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone, get a fine and a year's ban.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    16 months for chucking a bin at a posh car.

    Kill someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone, get a fine and a year's ban.
    He got away with it because he was a bus driver



    There is a big difference in intent in the 2 examples you provide
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

    Twittering @spen_666
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    16 months for chucking a bin at a posh car.

    Kill someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone, get a fine and a year's ban.

    Yes yes, we know, blah blah blah. However, no need to make this another 'the law doesn't care if we are dead" thread! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    spen666 wrote:
    16 months for chucking a bin at a posh car.

    Kill someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone, get a fine and a year's ban.
    He got away with it because he was a bus driver



    There is a big difference in intent in the 2 examples you provide

    How so?
    Food Chain number = 4

    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,786
    Shouty agenda

    Brilliant
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    16 months for chucking a bin at a posh car.

    Kill someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone, get a fine and a year's ban.
    He got away with it because he was a bus driver



    There is a big difference in intent in the 2 examples you provide

    How so?

    In 1 you intend to throw the bin.
    In 2 You intend to drive a car, not intend to kill
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

    Twittering @spen_666
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    16 months for chucking a bin at a posh car.

    Kill someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone, get a fine and a year's ban.
    He got away with it because he was a bus driver



    There is a big difference in intent in the 2 examples you provide

    How so?

    In 1 you intend to throw the bin.
    In 2 You intend to drive a car, not intend to kill

    I meant the bus driver, how did he/she get away with it (presumably killing someone whilst driving at 40mph in a 30mph) purely because they were a bus driver?
    Food Chain number = 4

    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • http://www.southnorwichnews.co.uk/news/ ... -concerns/

    They could have imposed a Community Service order cleaning War Memorials or something, prison is a stupid over reaction, another protester got a prison sentence for throwing sticks ffs. Even the BBC doesn't say that he caused any damage, or that he hurt anyone.


    Bing with a group smashing shop windows, throwing a bin at a car and swinging from a war memorial is a stag night in Newcastle, probably happens every Friday night somewhere.
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    maybe still smug now, but I bet you £10 he feels a pr1ck (up his bottom) sooner or later in jail :shock:
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    The punishment does seem excessive and has probably resulted from a need to set an example as oppose to actually serving any form of reasonable justice.
    Food Chain number = 4

    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • motopatter wrote:
    maybe still smug now, but I bet you £10 he feels a pr1ck (up his bottom) sooner or later in jail :shock:

    Twenty minutes and we get the first prison rape gag, not bad.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Not such a hard-nut anarchist now, is he?

    Still, at least mummy got him a haircut and pressed his suit for him.

    He'll go down a treat in prison.
  • gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    spen666 wrote:
    In 1 you intend to throw the bin.
    In 2 You intend to drive a car, not intend to kill

    And that makes it alright?

    It takes a special kind of negligence or stupidity to kill someone while driving.

    In some cases the drivers do intend to kill. It is hard to prove otherwise.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Joelsim wrote:
    Goodbye Blue Sky

    All that money and nowhere to spend in inside except on phone cards and bottom lube
    Nothing is as funny as rape, right? :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    gilesjuk wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    In 1 you intend to throw the bin.
    In 2 You intend to drive a car, not intend to kill

    And that makes it alright?

    It takes a special kind of negligence or stupidity to kill someone while driving.

    In some cases the drivers do intend to kill. It is hard to prove otherwise.

    It takes a special kind of negligence or stupidity to make such an assumption.

    There are many scenarios where death has been caused by a vehicle colliding with the victim and it not actually being the drivers fault.
    Food Chain number = 4

    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    jamesco wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Goodbye Blue Sky

    All that money and nowhere to spend in inside except on phone cards and bottom lube
    Nothing is as funny as rape, right? :roll:
    Exactly! I went into a hairdressers three days ago... not a funny story!
    Food Chain number = 4

    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Seems a ridiculously long sentence for chucking a bin and jumping on a car. Poor sod...literally.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Sewinman wrote:
    Seems a ridiculously long sentence for chucking a bin and jumping on a car. Poor sod...literally.

    From other pictures of him taken during the day he was lucky not to get done for attempted arson and sent down for five years.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    W1 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Seems a ridiculously long sentence for chucking a bin and jumping on a car. Poor sod...literally.

    From other pictures of him taken during the day he was lucky not to get done for attempted arson and sent down for five years.

    And what benefit would five years or 16 months have for him, or us? I should imagine he has very much learnt his lesson already...IMO 200 hours community service would have been more appropriate and beneficial all round.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    gilesjuk wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    In 1 you intend to throw the bin.
    In 2 You intend to drive a car, not intend to kill

    And that makes it alright?

    It takes a special kind of negligence or stupidity to kill someone while driving.

    In some cases the drivers do intend to kill. It is hard to prove otherwise.

    And where did I say or suggest it was alright?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

    Twittering @spen_666