Now some call it w*nkers arm but.......

woodytitan
woodytitan Posts: 163
edited September 2011 in Health, fitness & training
Went out on my bike tuesday night around my village where I live, now I ride this specific route because after 7 miles of roads and climbing there is a half mile downhill trail on a bridleway, it's fantastic and makes the work getting there worthwhile. I've ridden it 5-6 times recently but on Tuesday i really let loose as I am starting to know the run, barely brakeing unless necessary but really hammering it. Now I am pleased to report the bike stood upto it well but the next day my wrist is fooked, feels like i've twisted/sprained it and is really painful, the only thing I can attribute it to is the ride the night before, would this be classed as Arm pump??

Thanks
'11 Cannondale Trail SL3

Comments

• nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    Does sound like pump which is muscular. Sounds like a sprained wrist. Not uncommon in MTBing if you're hitting jumps, drops or just hard bumping trails.

My left wrist is knackered right now because of this.

Maybe you had a bit of death grip on the bars without realising it and took too much of the impact. Also the angle of brake and gear levers make a difference. If they're too high or too low then your wrist is bent and not strong.
  • woodytitan
    NozzaC wins it, a sprained wrist it is, been riding using a support and it is getting there another 1-2weeks should be back to full strength. Would you carry on wearing support??
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    If it is sprained your wrist will be weak for a while, were the support as it will give you peace of mind if you hit anything rough.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • woodytitan
    That was my thought tbf. Interestingly my family gp who i've used since toddling is into MTBing and told me to man up and get the support on and give it some beans!!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • woodytitan wrote:
    That was my thought tbf. Interestingly my family gp who i've used since toddling is into MTBing and told me to man up and get the support on and give it some beans!!!

Well said that doctor! :lol:
    I have never been lost but I do admit to being confused for several weeks!

Specialized Enduro Expert EVO 2012