The best sign ive ever seen NO WALKERS

capoz77
capoz77 Posts: 503
edited July 2011 in MTB general
:lol:

In a bike park i'd understand, but in the countryside i'm all for more of these signs!

2011-07-14172149.jpg

Comments

• RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    Need some of those round my end!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    RobGT wrote:

do you get a lot of Walkers around your End?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,235
    If I owned land with a right of way through it I'd maintain it to a high standard for riders and incorporate features to make it interesting as well as having a "no walkers or horses allowed" sign.

And then a crocodile infested "footpath" for ramblers to use.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Jeansy
    Jeansy Posts: 73
    Forestry commission around Somerset need some of those, they seem to have piles of 'no cycling' ones they randomly scatter everywhere for no good reason!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    We need to do as the walkers did once and mass trespass land to force the gov to give us dedicated legal public cycleways and singletrack all over the place and we can have signs like this up, then have a rant at wakers if they use them saying they are not allowed here.
  • Anonymous
    deadkenny wrote:
    then have a rant at wakers if they use them saying they are not allowed here.
    Er...
  • Anonymous
    Missed a letter out there. Might have been an 'n'.
  • Anonymous
    Haha, oh yeah!

Having a go at wa*kers because they have a go at us is pointless. We know there's a few obnoxious wa*kers, so why would we aspire to be like them.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    You think I'd get found out if I made some up myself and positioned them on the trails :roll:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Anonymous
    captainfly wrote:
    You think I'd get found out if I made some up myself and positioned them on the trails :roll:
    dunno, try it :lol:
  • captainfly
    captainfly wrote:
    dunno, try it :lol:

That's a bad thing to say to someone with signmaking equipment (a lot of it crossed over to t shirt, sticker and graphics making :roll: my current in the pipeline business) and rebellious nature :twisted:
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Anonymous
    I think it's the best possible thing to say, to the best possible person, given the circumstances :D
  • captainfly
    I think it's the best possible thing to say, to the best possible person, given the circumstances :D

True :wink:
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

• captainfly
    Just a quick mock up, I don't think it would be too cheeky as it uses a made up roadsign and doesn't claim any authority
    cycleroute.jpg

oh and I let the world have that design so feel free to use it.
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

• bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    brilliant , think i know Just the place i can put that sign :-)
  • captainfly
    bamba wrote:

Use loose zip ties to attach and you are then not commiting criminal damage :wink: eay peel stickers and static cling are good for that too :roll:
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

• Anonymous
    bamba wrote:
    hehe, me too. On all paths leading here...
    5896724379_9c1e76e574.jpg
    :lol:
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    captainfly wrote:
    bamba wrote:

Use loose zip ties to attach and you are then not commiting criminal damage :wink: eay peel stickers and static cling are good for that too :roll:

I was thinking of mounting it in some perspex and using sifaflex wind screen adhesive
  • RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    nicklouse wrote:
    RobGT wrote:

do you get a lot of Walkers around your End?

:lol: My area I meant.....
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    captainfly wrote:
    Just a quick mock up, I don't think it would be too cheeky as it uses a made up roadsign and doesn't claim any authority

oh and I let the world have that design so feel free to use it.
    I know the perfect place for that sign... A tw@t near me has had some No cycling signs made up himself (metal posts concreted in and everything) for a footpath that goes past the front of his house.

Would love to cover his signs up with those... :twisted:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets