Milestone tomorrow

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Well my first ever 100 miles in a schoolweek commuting. 26 miles per day, 4 days. I drove in on Wednesday as I had to go somewhere after work.

Maybe I'll do a 5 dayer soon too. Only my 6th week in total, although I did about 20 days from my last house between August and October last year of 10 miles each way.

I'm pleased. Been well and truly bitten.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Good effort. Where are you on the Stats board though? Come on.

:wink:
  • joelsim
    Low but rising fast!

It takes a while for the muscles to be able to do it. It's actually my 5th week rather than 6th too.
  • Good stuff.

I try to do 4 commutes a week each involving a round trip of just over 28 miles. I cant do a full 5 days as I need to bring in a change of shirts, towels etc.

I have made a real effort to use the bike more for work now that filling the car up also involves bending over and lubing up !

My best month so far this year was May when the bike clocked up 635 miles and the car just 135 !

Keep it up fella :D

Al
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • joelsim
    I will. Thanks for the support.

Someone needs to glue my VISA card into my wallet as I keep buying cycle related things.
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    Joelsim wrote:
    I will. Thanks for the support.

Someone needs to glue my VISA card into my wallet as I keep buying cycle related things.

You may as well get used to that!
  • joelsim
    I'd just managed to wean myself off box swapping my hifi every few months too!