Lost a bolt

mattyg2004
mattyg2004 Posts: 196
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok I know this is going to be a daft question BUT,
I replaced my saddle today and thought I had tightened the bolts back up but obviously not (as my saddle moved further and further backwards).

Onto my question

Where the hell can I get another bolt from.

I can't be the first to have lost one but I'm beggered if I can find any reference to the bolts that bolt the clamp to the saddle.

Oh its a scott 34.9 seatpost

Any help

Cheers
Matt

Comments

• bonezy
    bonezy Posts: 129
    Take your seatpost/saddle into you local bike shop, I'm sure they'll loads of spare screws knocking about. Talk to them nicely and you might even get it for free ;)
  • I did a similar thing once and snapped the bolt after a dodgy landing with the saddle far too high. The LBS were very nice and had a look for me but after not being able to find anything they pointed me in the direction of a local engineering shop - you could always try that :)
  • Are they telling you to get a bolt from the blue?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    That's Usain.
  • You can use the one through your neck as a spare.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    You can use the one through your neck as a spare.

Neck bolts are usually imperial threads. Bloomin monster industry with its throwback working practices.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    HSS normally stock quite alot of bolts

A2 s/s allen socket caps for all strong bolts now, and remember to grease up
  • Northwind wrote:
    You can use the one through your neck as a spare.

Neck bolts are usually imperial threads. Bloomin monster industry with its throwback working practices.

but I've got some imperial nuts!!