so where's my bed gone and why ?

Jay dubbleU
Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
- came back from Spain after my divorce and discovered she'd taken the furniture

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Good excuse to get a new bed.
    "Break it in"
    Then thank her. :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Did she leave you the bricks and mortar?

Surely the fact that marital bed has gone is a good thing...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    londondol wrote:
    Aare air beds really that comfy?
    Are you JW's ex? Why would somebody join to bring back a 12 month old thread from the dead?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Veronese68 wrote:
    londondol wrote:
    Aare air beds really that comfy?
    Are you JW's ex? Why would somebody join to bring back a 12 month old thread from the dead?

Attachment.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    That's the good thing about divorce - you no longer have to try to understand :D

Mine took the decorations off the christmas tree :shock:

Who can beat that?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    I got "divorced" once and was relieved when she put all my stuff in bin bags. I just thought it saved me a load of hassle in collecting my stuff!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Mine left me with plenty. Most of it debt, but there you go...
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    ouch. But you didnt want to keep that bed, anyway! Beds are very personal, spend a long time in there. Wouldnt want to keep a tainted bed.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    team47b wrote:
    That's the good thing about divorce - you no longer have to try to understand :D

Who can beat that?

An ex-SIL took the light fittings from the walls and ceilings (wiring on show) only left the wardrobes cos they were built in and she couldn't dismantle them in time.
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Who can beat that?

An ex-SIL took the light fittings from the walls and ceilings (wiring on show) only left the wardrobes cos they were built in and she couldn't dismantle them in time.

Mine took the plugs off my hifi equipment - put the party back nearly half an hour that did.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    when I split with my ex and left, by the time I went back two days later to pick up the rest of my stuff he had taken all of my referee kit (over £300 worth), my new road bike (the b*****d!) and my first edition Harry Potter books :cry:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Jay dubbleU
    Why would he take your new road bike ? Surely the wrong size for him
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Mine took the plugs off my hifi equipment - put the party back nearly half an hour that did.

:lol:
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    What happened to Londondol's post that resurrected this thread? Was my earlier guess correct? Do I win a prize?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Cafewanda wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Who can beat that?

Hold on a god damn moment what did I miss here ^
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What happened to Londondol's post that resurrected this thread? Was my earlier guess correct? Do I win a prize?

No and you should stop making up new accounts to entertain yourself, naughty naughty boy
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    Nevermind your bed mate, I posted a thread on here yesterday and that's gone. I'd like to know where that's gone and why!

:)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    itboffin wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Who can beat that?

Im assuming Sister In Law (although could be Safety Integrity Level)

Good implied smuttage however ITB
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • NGale

You would think so. He did it out of spite firstly but then later on decided that he was going to give it to his new girlfriends son :evil:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    itboffin wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Who can beat that?

Sister-in-law. She didn't ask the boyfriend to help her I guess and bruv was supposed to be working long hours that day. Fortunately his neighbour phoned to let him know what was going on so he arrived with enough time to change the locks.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    We know you wouldn't take light fittings under the same circumstances though don't we CafeWanda - well, not without a stepladder anyway :lol: (sorry, very unfair dig :D )
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:

You would think so. He did it out of spite firstly but then later on decided that he was going to give it to his new girlfriends son :evil:

Dont mean to pry but this isnt Jake is it?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    SimonAH wrote:
    We know you wouldn't take light fittings under the same circumstances though don't we CafeWanda - well, not without a stepladder anyway :lol: (sorry, very unfair dig :D )

LOL. I get the feeling she will kick me in the shins at the SCR summer party.

If she can reach that high.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Dont mean to pry but this isnt Jake is it?

No this was an ex from four years ago now.
  • Jay dubbleU
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

LOL. I get the feeling she will kick me in the shins at the SCR summer party.

If she can reach that high.

The expression 'If you're in a hole stop digging' is just a jumble of meaningless syllables to you, isn't it ?
    I can lend you a pair of cricket pads if that helps :wink:
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    <smug>
    I sometimes wonder why y'all get married.
    When I've been to someone's third wedding it get's a bit - well - How long is this one going to last ?
    </smug>
    Then I guess you don't have to get married to have a messy breakup.

Some of our friends have wandered arround a bit, and then settled down with folk they've known for thirty years. And everyone who knew them must have thought - you obviously got on well thirty years ago, so why has it taken so long ?
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    jejv wrote:
    Some of our friends have wandered arround a bit, and then settled down with folk they've known for thirty years. And everyone who knew them must have thought - you obviously got on well thirty years ago, so why has it taken so long ?

Because deep down, they thought that they should/could have done 'better'. ;)