That Euromillions thingy

2»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,346
    Apparently lottery winners are advised to 'go public'. A big win is impossible to hide, going public gets the publicity out of the way in one news story then you can get on with enjoying your win.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Apparently lottery winners are advised to 'go public'. A big win is impossible to hide, going public gets the publicity out of the way in one news story then you can get on with enjoying your win.

So that's what they told you, eh? I was told to keep it quiet...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243

Balls to that... Nobody would see my ass for dust! :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I think I'd invest in property - probably Greece

I always wanted an acropolis
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

The issue with £160 odd million is security, not publicity, surely?
  • ex-pat scot
    ex-pat scot Posts: 939
    bails87 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    It took an age for the person who won to claim the ticket.....I though we might have a case of neighbours phone the Police because there is a bad smell next door - Police break into house and find pensioner dead from heart failure with winning ticket in their cold, dead hand and the TV still on.......

Question is, do you;

a, cut off the hand and claim it was like that when you got there?
    b, prize open the fingers and risk interrupting rigormortis?
    c, leave it well alone because you have more ethics than Rupert Murdoch?

Smelly dead people don't need £166,000,000!

Just steal the ticket then pay for a nice funeral, give a few million to their kids, everyone's a winner.....
    See "Waking Ned" - fantastic film
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire