2009 Tora 302 U-Turn coil service - parts needed?

101_North
101_North Posts: 607
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Folks. Thinking of servicing my Tora forks. They've not been touched since a warranty repair over a year ago. Just wondering if I need the full kit or if I'd get away with just the dust seals and foam rings? I've no issues with oil leaks or anything so reckon the oil seals are probably OK. Is it worth doing these anyway?

Could I just clean the existing dust seals and re-soak the foam rings and replace the oil?

Anyone advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    It depends on what state they're in to be honest, but I don't think Tora's actually have an oil seal as such, I think it's just the grey dust seal and then a fat foam ring... That said, I've just replaced the ones on an old Recon and replaced with a Pike seal kit which has dust seal, thin foam ring and an oil seal (which was a bugger to fit without the right tool/suitable bodge) The fat foam ring I removed was the same height as the thin foam ring and oil seal.

Give TF Tuned a call - they do a good kit including seals/grease/lower leg oil and correct oil for the damper, or you could just get a seal kit.

tech doc linky here:

http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/tm_my102.pdf
  • 101_North
    101_North Posts: 607
    Cheers. Reckon I'll try a simple oil replacement first and see how we get on.

Thanks