Richmond Park CC - open training ride - Sat 23/Sun 24 July

london-red
london-red Posts: 1,266
After a sustained layoff from weekend riding I have been given the green light for a ride on the weekend of 23/24 July. Actually, the wife and kids are away so I might do a ride both days (surrey hills and Windsor maybe).

To add to the fun, we have the individual time trial on the Saturday and the Champs Elysees on the Sunday, so could try and finish off with a pint or two at a cycling friendly pub.

As ever...

:arrow: Meet at Richmond Gate by the white building on the left if you're leaving the park
:arrow: 60-80 mile ride into the Surrey hills
:arrow: 16-18 mph average - 20+ mph on the flat
:arrow: We'll wait at the top of hills to regroup
:arrow: A café stop at the top of Box Hill

BTW, great to see a RPCC ride at the weekend without any of the usual rabble 8)

So, who's up for it? I'm giving plenty of notice... :P

8.30 start?

Comments

• Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Good forward planning mate.

I would happily put my hat in and join you, but unfortunately I am away with work that weekend.

Have a good ride.
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Hi Dave. I'll be around on the Saturday. 8am start and back by 1pm would be best for me.
  • london-red
    Good stuff fella - I was actually just getting ready to PM you lot, so you've saved me a job there. I'll PM James and Berns.
  • genoni
    genoni Posts: 34
    Is this an open ride or does one have to be a member of the RIchmond Park CC- which I am not? Presuming basic assumption is that one can ride that far without dying!! Graham
  • london-red
    Is this an open ride or does one have to be a member of the RIchmond Park CC- which I am not? Presuming basic assumption is that one can ride that far without dying!! Graham

Graham, open ride - membership to RPCC is, erm, loosely organised. If you've turned up to a ride, you can consider yourself a member. In fact, if you've thought about coming along then you also can consider yourself a member...

Just a bunch of cyclists who like getting out but aren't members of "proper CCs".

All you need is a sense of humour, a bike that works and the ability to ride at a reasonable pace (see above for the speeds).

Saying that, we also drop noone and are happy to wait should you struggle. Come along, it's a good crack.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Sounds like a good one, L-R, are you on the Genesis or is that still WIP?

It's only Tues PM but have you decided on Sat or Sun at this point?

What time do you like? I prefer later (9am) but I am a bit lazy...

Cheers
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • london-red
    Sounds like a good one, L-R, are you on the Genesis or is that still WIP?

It's only Tues PM but have you decided on Sat or Sun at this point?

What time do you like? I prefer later (9am) but I am a bit lazy...

Cheers

Hoping to be on the Genesis, although it will still be WIP. Got the headset fitted at the weekend, so the rest is easy...

TBH I think Saturday 8am is looking likely (I'm on a company piss up the day before as well so if I can make it, anyone can...)
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Who else is confirmed for 8am Richmond Gate on Saturday then?
  • london-red
    So far, the two of us :lol:

I was just about to post that Sunday looks rather nicer weather wise, but I'm happy to stick to Saturday if you can't do Sunday. I'll probably head out both days anyway.

Have you got James/Berns emails/mobile numbers? BikeRadar's PM system is bloody useless.
  • SirUlrich
    SirUlrich Posts: 29
    I'm up for it :) I could do with testing my legs with you guys again. Don't mind if its saturday or sunday, but I'll be there bright and early.

Dave
  • bcss
    bcss Posts: 174
    might join as well tomorrow (hope i ll manage to get up on time :-) )
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Sorry Dave/Steve, been out of action

8am works well for me tomorrow. I want to get home early to watch Cadel finally bring the yellow jersey to Australia after he destroys Andy and Frank in the ITT

See you both tomorrow...and anyone else who is coming
  • london-red
    See y'all there 8)
  • london-red
    Good ride today chaps, found it pretty hard going so was glad of a tow on more than the odd occasion. Good to meet you Graham, and good speed sir...

I might pop out tomorrow afternoon on the new bike for a brief spin if anyone fancies it; although it's not likely to be anything too strenuous.

Dave
  • genoni
    genoni Posts: 34
    Thanks all for letting me tag along- had a great time and am looking forward to riding with you again-once the cramps and the nausea have subsided! Graham
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Glad people got out. Sufered in the rain in the Welsh Borders last week for 85 miles solo last week - nearly died on the final 1:5 hill....

Anyway, hopefully will be in better fettle this weekend when there was talk of doing a CCC ride (Capital-Coast-Capital) for those who are interested - separate post here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=17105345