Tea/coffee drinkers in pubs

2»

Comments

• gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    GMB wrote:
    They'll be selling it in Working Mens' Clubs Next!!!

Imagine that - Ponces coming in for espressos and winning the bingo and the meat draw - W@*&ers!!!!

What on earth is a meat draw?

It's like a raffle for a big tray of meat!!! It usually takes place after the "turn" have finished their first set (usually a Bon Jovi number)

You'll be telling me you don't have a fish man in your club next!
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Get on my threpnnies, just go to Starbucks/costa anywhere bar the pub. Pubs are for people who want a drink of beer and don't want being held up at the bar for "ages" behind somebody trying to make up their mind on what sort of coffee they want; and do they want sugar in it and what sort etc.

Aaaahh! coffee shops for coffee, pubs for beer thanks.

Frank, you need to change your daily routine so as to miss the coffee queue. Get to the pub at 11.30 am rather than banging on the door at 11am.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Fenred wrote:
    ...Did he find one??

He did when he came in pissed one night and gave me a hug and exclaimed "I'm just about to feel a right tit. Oh, no, sorry, that's the left one"

He didn't hang around for long.

love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    I have a pub and the smoking ban came in here 4 weeks ago. It may be a healthier working environment but I would welcome tea and coffee and drinkers with open arms if the smokers stay away. It's a scary time for me right now. Usually against having such punters, but they may well save my business.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    GMB wrote:
    GMB wrote:

Imagine that - Ponces coming in for espressos and winning the bingo and the meat draw - W@*&ers!!!!

It's like a raffle for a big tray of meat!!! It usually takes place after the "turn" have finished their first set (usually a Bon Jovi number)

I must admit, I've never been in such a place. Have I missed out?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    GMB wrote:
    GMB wrote:

This should be in the WTF?! thread.

Has someone reprogrammed the Matrix?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    As a barman i hate coffee drinkers with a passion....however...im getting older so i need the odd espresso to keep me going and counter the sleepy effects of cider.

The one thing that should be banned from pubs is children!! Was getting dirty looks from a family in the pub tonight because after a few drinks at the pub quiz the language was getting blue and the volume was increasing.... SO! Its a pub!! Where people go to drink in an adult environment...it was 9 o clock....take your kids and fark off!

Kids and coffee banned from pubs, I'd agree. "Excuse me sir, you can't sit in the bar with your child" "Why?" "BECAUSE IT'S A ******* BAR".

Glad I left before I murdered someone :lol:
    It was not so long ago that women were not welcome in pubs, unless accompanied by a male acquaintance. Any woman who entered a pub alone was often up to no good. And for a woman to drink ale was unheard of.
  • snailracer wrote:
    As a barman i hate coffee drinkers with a passion....however...im getting older so i need the odd espresso to keep me going and counter the sleepy effects of cider.

The one thing that should be banned from pubs is children!! Was getting dirty looks from a family in the pub tonight because after a few drinks at the pub quiz the language was getting blue and the volume was increasing.... SO! Its a pub!! Where people go to drink in an adult environment...it was 9 o clock....take your kids and fark off!

Kids and coffee banned from pubs, I'd agree. "Excuse me sir, you can't sit in the bar with your child" "Why?" "BECAUSE IT'S A ******* BAR".

Glad I left before I murdered someone :lol:
    It was not so long ago that women were not welcome in pubs, unless accompanied by a male acquaintance. Any woman who entered a pub alone was often up to no good. And for a woman to drink ale was unheard of.

By that logic we should give children the vote...
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    foreigners who don't buy a drink at all get on my wick, it's usually in hotel bars not pubs though

or they buy one and sit all night with it. tight gets
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    You can arrange a kitcehn design in our local and buy pints of creme de cassis. Just responding to market demand - shouldn't sell coffee. What if nowhere else to go etc.