My First Tour - A Week Today!

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited July 2011 in Tour & expedition
Hi

I am doing my first tour next week, starting from Birmingham and ending in Paris over 4 days.

Does anyone have any hints or tips? Especially for cycling in France, anything to look out for?

also, what should I do afterwards? Should I do a little light cycling to avoid my legs from seizing up?

any advice very welcome! Looking forward to getting going now!

http://www.justgiving.com/chris-holton/
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Definitely keep the legs turning afterwards. Practise pack time now. Lay out what you think you need, halve it, then discard what you don't need. Check the bike over now so you can resolve any minor problems in good time. Enjoy.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • culverwood
    culverwood Posts: 256
    +1 on the packing. The old adage applies; when you've decided what things you want to carry along and how much money you'll need, bring half as much stuff and twice as much money. You'll have done yourself proud if you use everything you brought at least once, and if you manage to avoid using all the money.

Birmingham to Paris in 4 days is a tough way to start your touring and I wish you all the best on a safe journey. Nothing special to add about cycling in France but remember the small villages will probably have nothing, no shop, no cafe and the French stop for lunch so in the towns the shops shut when the restaurants are open and vice-versa.