Anyone in Whitby?

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
I have to be there for a stag night on Saturday (whilst I would rather scrub my eyeballs with wire wool and Vimto it is my sister in law's fiancee and I rather like the poor sap)

Any recommendations for a B&B? The hotel I've been aimed at is eighty quid and my parsimonious soul shudders at paying that to sleep off a hangover I didn't want to buy in the first place.....
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• Hi Simon,

I'm only 20 odd miles away from Whitby. Unfortunately I can't rate the b&bs because after a night out there it is still cheaper to share a cab home (assuming nobody is driving). I'm aware of a couple of places that look good but the best of these are in the villages or the sticks around Whitby, and being a stag do I'm guessing location is likely to be most important.

Must admit I have never been espeically impresssed by the pubs in Whitby. People around here would be more likely to have Stag Nights in Scarborough, York, Newcastle or Middlesbrough.

Great fish and chips in Whitby though 8)
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    legend (and fiction) has it that Dracula stayed in Whitby.....As such, I would find out where he stayed as he was a count and would have bathed in luxury (and blood).

http://www.dracula-in-whitby.com/
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    13,000 or so people are in Whitby according to Wikipedia.

I think I approve of any town that has ammonites in it's coat of arms.

I wouldn't bother staying wherever Count Dracula spent the night. He doesn't sleep much, not at night anyway.......
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Think I mentioned this when you last posted about Whitby, but there's an excellent pitch-and-putt in Whitby. It's a world class course.

No idea on B&Bs though.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    Its my home town! I'll ask my mum what she recommends. Watch out though. I have seen more drunken violence there than in 20 years in London, and thats just the burds!
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4